Chapter 7: Tattooed Necks and Tattooed Hands

Mia's POV

*One Month Later*

"I'm freaking the fuck out." I told Claire when she answered her phone.

"What? Why?"

"Just come over, please."

"Uhm, okay." She said and hung up. I paced around my apartment for the entire time that it took for her to show up. As soon as I heard the first knock, I ripped open the door, catching her by surprise. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the apartment.

"Woah, what's going on." She said, pulling her wrist out of my grasp.

"I'm freaking the fuck out." I repeated.

"I can see that. Why are we freaking out?" I sighed and grabbed a box, throwing it at her. She quickly caught it and glared at me before looking down at the box. "You're pregnant?" She questioned.

"No, stupid. The box is still sealed! I might be and I'm fucking panicking!"

"Okay, just because you might've ruined your life doesn't mean you can be a bitch to me." She snapped.

"Sorry." I sighed, sitting on my couch and running my hands through my hair.

"I thought you were extra careful! What happened?"

"I don't fucking know! Ugh!" I groaned and then snapped my head up with wide eyes. "Oh my god." I mumbled, covering my mouth.

"What? What?" She questioned, looking at me.

"I-I don't remember my night with Andy. I-I don't remember if we used protection! FUCK!" I screamed, kicking my coffee table. "Of course the guy that gets me pregnant is the one I'm hung up on and I can't fucking contact!"

"Go take the test. You don't even know if you're pregnant." She said, handing the box back to me.

"I know I'm pregnant, Claire. I'm sick, I'm tired."

"You've also been working a shit ton lately."

"I'm late! I'm never late!"

"Again, you've been working so much and stressing so much lately. Stress can cause all of those symptoms! Take the test before you spiral." She said, tossing the box into my lap. I took a deep breath and stood up. I clutched the box and walked into the bathroom. Claire followed me and waited on my bed. I took the test and set it on the counter, setting a timer on my phone and walking out of the bathroom. I flopped onto my bed and let a loud groan out into the pillow. Claire and I sat silently for the entire five minutes. My timer went off and I didn't move.

"Mia, go look." She said.

"I can't."

"Mia, this is information you need. It's been a while since you've slept with Andy, there's a timeline on decisions." She said. I hate when she's right. I sat up and forced myself to walk into the bathroom. I looked down and swear I felt my heart stop.

"FUCK!" I screamed, picking up the test and slamming it against the bathroom wall. "FUCK!" I screamed, kicking my wall. I collapsed to the ground and pulled my knees to my chest, sobbing into them.

"Mia." Claire said softly, standing in the doorway.

"I CAN'T DO THIS!" I cried. "I-I'M ALONE! I CAN'T CONTACT THE FATHER! OH MY GOD!"

"Mia." Claire said again, sitting next to me. "You're not alone, I'm here. No matter what you choose, I will be by your side, I will support you."

"Thanks." I sniffled, wiping my eyes.

"Of course, I'm your best friend. That's what I'm here for." She smiled. 

"I-I don't know what to do."

"You need to decide what you want to do."

"I-I can't decide right now." I said, shaking my head.

"That's fine, but it needs to be soon. If Andy is the father, you're probably about a month pregnant, so you're running out of time to make decisions."

"I know, I know." I sighed.

"If you decide to keep the baby, you need to make a doctor's appointment to get tests done and confirm if Andy is the father."

"Oh my god." I sighed.

"It's going to be overwhelming, it's going to be stressful, but it's going to be okay. I'm here and we will get through this together."

"Thank you."

"Of course." She smiled. 

"I-I think I need to sleep on it."

"Okay, call me if you need me." She said, standing up.

"Thanks." I sighed. She said goodbye to me and left my apartment. I pulled myself to my feet and fell onto the bed. I quickly fell asleep, just wanting to forget about this whole day. What am I going to do?

***********************************************************************

What should Mia do? Do you think Andy's the father?

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story!