Chapter 41: We Don't Have To Make Friends

Mia's POV

*The Next Day*

"I'm in crisis," I said to Claire over the phone.

"You're a new mother, of course you are," she said with a laugh.

"Claire! I'm serious!"

"Okay, okay, I'll be right over. You're at Andy's, right?"

"No, I moved back into my apartment."

"Girl! You're hopeless," she chuckled. "I'll be there," she said and hung up. I waited on the couch, scrolling through my phone, until there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened it, Claire pushing past me and walking to the house.

"Alright, what's going on now?" she asked, sitting on the couch.

"I have a date with Andy on Friday."

"FINALLY! OH MY GOD!" she shouted and I shushed her. "Sorry, I forgot about the baby. Where is my girl anyway?"

"My room," I said as Claire stood up. She disappeared down the hall, coming back a few seconds later with Kendyll in her arms. "If she wakes back up, you're getting her back to sleep," I sighed.

"You got it bud," she said as she sat down, cradling the baby close to her. "Anyway, details."

"We had a big fight yesterday over my reluctance to pursue a relationship with him. He finally got me to agree to give him a chance, to let him take me on a date. He said if I really am unhappy, we can go back to a co-parenting relationship."

"Girl, if he woos you, which he will, you better not lie."

"I'm going to try to be honest and give him a real chance. I'm just not sure if I should have agreed."

"Mia, of course you should have. You guys should have gotten together months ago when you had your first fight."

"I'm just so nervous because of-"

"I swear to god if you say Tanner, I'm going to kick you out of your own home."

"It really fucked me up, okay?"

"Oh my god, Mia. Move on! Live your life! Be happy! He moved on and so should you!"

"How do you know?"

"I might have a friend that was a groomsman in his wedding," she said shyly.

"WHAT!" I screamed, scaring Kendyll awake. "Fuck," I sighed as I grabbed the baby from Claire's arms and started soothing her.

"Sorry," she shrugged.

"To the bitch he cheated on me with?"

"Yes," she said nervously.

"At least something good came from that I guess," I sighed. "Tanner destroyed my trust, it's so hard."

"I think you can trust Andy, you've known him for a year."

"I knew Tanner for 5 years!"

"He showed his true colors in the first 3 months, you were just too lovestruck to see it. Andy's different. You can trust me, Mia. I see how he acts around you and how he talks about you and just who he is as a person. He's no where near Tanner. Give Andy a chance. A real chance, or I'll kill you myself."

"Fine," I sighed.

"Now give me all the details of why you're living here now."

"It's my home. I needed to move back som-"

"Bullshit, you said you and Andy had a fight. Spill it."

"We had sex again," I admitted quietly.

"Oh my god, you ran again, didn't you."

"No...not really."

"Mia!"

"The next day, I packed up my stuff and told Andy I was leaving. He was heartbroken, begging me to stay. I-I've never seen him act like that. I couldn't sort out my shit with all of the feelings flying around that house."

"If you let this man slip through your fingers, I swear, Mia."

"He came over yesterday and kissed me. It would've gone farther if I hadn't stopped it. We can't even be around each other without jumping each other's bones it feels like!"

"Never thought you'd be the one to complain about that," she smirked at me.

"Shut up," I snapped. "He begged me to come back and confessed his feelings for me. He told me he loved me. He finally convinced me to agree to that date so I guess we'll just see where it goes."

"Please move back in with him after you start dating."

"Hell no. Did you not just hear when I said we can't stop having sex?"

"That's the opposite of a problem."

"Whatever. I'll decide if I'm going to move back in when the time is right. We don't even know what's going to come of this date."

"A relationship better come out of it or I will never let you live it down."

"Why do I even reach out to you for help anymore?"

"Because I tell you the truth that you need to hear."

"You're right, thanks," I said with a smile.

*************************************************************

Sorry the chapter sucked but figured Claire hasn't showed up in a while!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story! Don't be a ghost reader! <3