Chapter 24: Ohio

Chapter 24: Ohio

Mia's POV

I nervously walked through the airport towards baggage claim. Andy said he would meet me at my baggage carousel. I don't know why I was so nervous to see him. Maybe because I'm in his hometown, or maybe because I'm meeting his parents. Regardless, my stomach was in knots. 

I glanced at the baggage carousels and before I could even find out which one was mine, I saw Andy's tall figure standing near one. He was leaning against a pillar, scrolling through his phone. I took a deep breath and started walking towards him. When I was only a few feet from him, he happened to look up and he immediately saw me. A smile spread on his face as he locked his phone and put it in his back pocket.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi," I said, finally closing the gap between us and standing in front of him.

"How was your flight?"

"Fine," I shrugged.

"Can I have a hug?" he asked shyly. I nodded and gave him a short hug before pulling away. We stood in silence, waiting for the bags to be released. I finally saw my bag go around and I went to go grab it, but Andy put his arm out in front of me, stopping it.

"Is it that purple one?" he asked and I nodded. He hurried over to the carousel and plucked my bag off the belt. He put the wheels on the ground and extended the handle, walking back over to me.

"Let's go," he said, gesturing towards the exit.

"I can get my own bag," I defended, reaching for the handle.

"Aht, you're pregnant. You shouldn't be lifting things," he said, lightly swatting my hand away.

"I can roll a suitcase, Andy. Besides, I can't lift heavy things. That suitcase is barely 20 pounds," I protested.

"You're lucky I'm letting you carry that backpack. I can handle a suitcase, now let's go," he said, beginning to walk towards the exit. I groaned and followed him. 

"Did you drive here or did your parents bring you?" I asked nervously.

"I drove. They're at home," he said and I nodded, feeling slight relief. We walked out to the parking garage where he had parked his car. I got into the passenger seat while he loaded my suitcase into the trunk. He got into the driver's seat and pulled out of his spot, driving out of the parking garage, and eventually leaving the airport.

"Are you sure your parents are okay with our...situation?" I asked, gesturing to my belly.

"Yes, I promise. They're so excited to be grandparents. I'm an only child so this will be their first grandchild. They've had a few days to get over their shock and they're fine now. I promise, all we've talked about is baby things for the past few days," he reassured. In the middle of talking, he placed his hand on my bump and it caught me off guard. I felt a smile creep onto his face, his loving touch on my belly making me think about how great of a father he will be when our daughter is born.

I may have fucked up by being careless enough to get pregnant by a stranger. It was for sure with someone who has the potential to be an amazing dad. Fuck what my dad said. This may have been an accident and unplanned, but this baby is not a mistake. Who cares of Andy goes on tour for months at a time, that's not going to stop him from being the best dad he can be. 

"Good, because I don't think I can handle anybody else being mad at me or disappointed," I chuckled slightly.

"Tell me what happened with your dad," he said, glancing at me quickly before looking back at the road. I recapped the entire conversation from this morning, which at this point, felt like forever go. "I'm sorry," he sighed, a frown appearing on his face.

"You don't need to be sorry," I said, shaking my head.

"I know my job can be a pain," he said quietly.

"No, Andy. Please don't feel bad or guilty about living your dream. My dad's just being an ass."

"I'm just worried about balancing parenthood and my career. I mean, my guitarist is a father and he's missed birthdays and all sorts of family events. He calls his son every night on tour and I've heard his son throwing a tantrum because he wants his dad to come home and he's too young to understand that he can't. Jinxx will sometimes be in tears after his calls home because he misses his family so much. 

"I'm worried about our daughter resenting me for being gone so much. I'm worried about fucking up, missing things, not being there when she needs me the most. Honestly, it's all I've been thinking about since you told me you were pregnant. I'm sorry to ramble and dump all of this on you, but it's just so hard," he sighed.

"Andy, I can tell you're going to be a great dad. You already love our daughter so much and she's not even born yet. She will grow to understand that sometimes dad has to leave to go make money and she'll eventually realize that her dad has a cool ass job. I mean, can you imagine showing up to career day?" I asked and he laughed slightly. It made me feel better to see the smile return to his face. "Sometimes people have to travel for their jobs, your job just happens to be nearly all travel and for longer chunks of time. It's just how it is. We'll fall into a routine and it'll all be okay."

"Thanks Mia," he said, not taking his eyes off of the road. Andy pulled into a driveway and I bit my lip, looking at the looming building in front of me. 

"This is it, my childhood home," he said as he turned off the car.

"Andy, I'm so scared." I said quietly.

"It's going to be okay, I promise. If they flip out on you for some reason, we'll both get a hotel room. Okay?"

"Okay," I said, nodding. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. Andy grabbed my suitcase out of the trunk and we walked up to the front door. I let him go first. He opened the door and stepped inside.

"We're here!" he called as I stepped in behind him and closed the door. Suddenly, I saw two older people round the corner. They were not super tall, not what I was expecting considering Andy's massive height.

"Hi! You must be Mia. I'm Amy, Andy's mother," the woman introduced herself, holding out her hand for me to shake. I shook it back and then she turned towards the man standing next to her. "This is my husband Chris, Andy's dad," she introduced and I shook his hand too.

"Nice to meet you guys," I said shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm going to show her to her room," Andy said, starting to go up the stairs with my suitcase. I followed him down the hallway until we reached the room all the way at the end. He opened the door to reveal a neutral guest room. He rested my suitcase against the wall and turned to face me.

"The bathroom is the next door over, my room is the one next to the bathroom," he explained. "I'll leave you to get settled," he said, leaving the room and closing the door behind him. I went into my suitcase and decided to get out of my comfortable airport clothes. I changed into a pair of jeans and a long sleeved Motley Crue shirt. I put my Blink-182 hoodie over it and sat on the bed, scrolling through my phone. I didn't really feel like being social right now.

************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story! Don't be a ghost reader! <3