Chapter 1: The Bar

Chapter 1: The Bar

Mia's POV

"Another, please." I told the bartender as I slid my glass across the bar. While I waited for my drink, I looked around the bar, trying to find my next victim.

I broke up with my last serious boyfriend two years ago. We were together for 5 years. I was devastated. The bastard cheated on me. Eventually, I picked myself up and moved on, but I was different. I had changed. I was no longer the 23 year old that entered the relationship. I was a 28 year old woman, who had been with two guys in my entire life. Once I recovered from the breakup, I decided I was never going to let a man break my heart again. I became the heart breaker.

I frequented multiple bars on this street, looking for the cutest guy in the bar. Once I found him, I would seduce him and hook up with him. Never at my place. Typically at his house, a hotel, or rarely, a car. I would then leave without a trace. Easy break. No emotions, no attachments. It's a perfect plan.

During the day, I throw myself into my work. I have worked my way up the corporate ladder to being a manager. The day to day can be boring, but the ability to move up excites me. It motivates me. 

"Here you are, Mia." The bartender said as he slid me my drink.

"Thanks Tom." I smiled, grabbing the glass and taking a sip. I turned around to see a tall man with shoulder length black hair walking over to me. I bit my lip as he got closer. Attractive, but not enough.

"Hi, my name's Chris and my friend over there thinks you're attractive." He said, pointing across the bar. I looked to see a man sitting nervously, carefully spinning his glass on the table. Even though he was sitting, I could tell he was tall and skinny. He had jaw-length black hair and tattoo sleeves on both arms. Now that is an attractive man.

"So, you're like, his wingman?" I questioned.

"Basically." He shrugged. I smiled and picked up my drink, sliding off of the barstool I was sitting on. I walked over to the attractive stranger and sat on the barstool next to him, my glass clinking against the bar as I sat it down. 

"Hey, I'm Mia." I smiled seductively as Chris sat on the barstool next to his friend. I leaned on the bar, tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear as I scanned his body with my eyes. He had pale skin, bright blue eyes, and pink plump lips. He was perfect. Built like a Greek God if you will.

"I'm Andy." He said quietly as he finished his drink.

"What are you drinking? Let me get you another one."

"Oh, I don't-"

"Tom, get another drink for Andy over here. Whatever he had." I said, catching Tom's attention. He quickly whipped up another drink and placed it in front of Andy.

"Thanks." Andy said quietly, taking a small sip.

"You're never going to get a buzz going with those baby sips." I laughed as I took a sip of my drink.

"I-I don't drink much." He shrugged.

"Come onnn. You're out, live a little!" I said as I took a big drink from my glass. He smiled and took a bigger drink than he had before. "That's more like it!" I laughed. "I doubt you needed a wingman to help you tonight." I smirked. "Someone as attractive as you, picking up a girl should be easy." I winked.

"I'm out of practice." He shrugged, swirling the drink around in his glass. "I-I just ended a relationship." He said quietly, taking another sip.

"I know how that feels." I chuckled. "You know what they say, you've got to get under someone to get over someone." I winked with a laugh. He laughed nervously, not making eye contact with me. "You're shy, I like it." I giggled.

"I'm not, uh, really good at talking to people." He said.

"You just need a little bit more alcohol in you." I laughed, asking the bartender for another drink. "Now drink up." I said, tipping the glass so more liquid went into his mouth as he drank. We kept talking and drinking. Andy started to loosen up more and more with every drink he had. I was actually enjoying my time with him, which is rare. Most guys I pick up are boring or assholes. 

The more I drank, the less aware I became. The rest of my night was spent in flashes of consciousness. The last thing I remember was agreeing to go back to Andy's place.

*******************************************************************************

What do you think of my new story? Should I continue?

Mia's picture is at the top

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes help me know you are enjoying the story!