Chapter 31: You're Looking and Whispering

Mia's POV

I sat uncomfortably at the table, waiting for Andy to walk into the restaurant. I saw his figure walking toward us and I stood up, meeting him halfway. I gave him a hug, his hands resting on my lower back.

"I'm so fucking nervous," he whispered in my ear.

"You'll be fine," I reassured. We pulled apart and I led him to the table.

"This is Andy," I introduced, gesturing to him. His hair was slicked back so it was out of his face. He was wearing a long-sleeve black, button-up shirt and black jeans that were not distressed. "Andy, these are my parents and my siblings, Blaire and Archer."

"It's very nice to meet you," he said as he circled the table, shaking their hands. He sat down in the empty seat next to me and cleared his throat.

"Well Andy, you are even more attractive than the picture Mia showed me," my sister complimented.

"Oh my god," I groaned, hiding my face in my hands. "Blaire, you're married." I snapped.

"Okay, and? I'm giving him a compliment. Besides, I wouldn't take your man sis," she winked.

"Shut the fuck up," I hissed as Andy laughed nervously.

"So, is everything ready for the concert tonight?" my mom asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes ma'am. We spent the afternoon doing soundcheck and meeting the fans who bought VIP. My stage clothes are in the dressing room at the venue, everything is ready to go!" Andy explained.

"So Andy, Mia telling you she was pregnant must have been pretty shocking. How did you react?"

"Uhm, I just kind of froze and stopped talking, I guess. I was taking a moment to process the news, to really think about my next words, choosing them carefully. Ultimately I decided that I was going to step up, it was an easy decision," he shrugged.

"What's your plan for after the baby is born? It's pretty hard to share custody of a newborn."

"Mia and I are planning to sort everything out when I get off tour. We have one more week and then I'll be back in LA until the baby is born."

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No sir."

"Do you have plans to pursue something with my daughter?"

"I am respecting Mia's wishes, and she wants to focus on being a mother right now," Andy said simply.

"How do you plan to be a present father when you're always on tour?"

"I'm going to be the best father that I can while I'm home. Some years, we tour a lot, some we don't tour at all. My guitarist has a son and is able to make it work."

"Are you someone that runs away and gives up when things get hard?"

"No sir, starting my band was incredibly hard. At the beginning, I was living in my car and staying on friends' couches. Never once did I give up, and now I have one of the biggest bands in the world. I know being a parent is forever and I'm prepared."

"Mia has told us close to nothing about you and your band. Please, tell us about yourself."

"My name is Andy Biersack, I'm 34, my band is called Black Veil Brides. I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio going to Catholic school so that's where the name and a lot of our imagery comes from. We really got big around 2009 or so and have just been increasing in fame since. We've had the chance to travel around the world and perform for fans in multiple countries. We've only had two member changes once we had an official line up so we've gotten pretty close over the years. Other than that, my life isn't super interesting," Andy chuckled nervously.