Chapter 32: The Birth of Fire Fist

Noir stared at the Devil Fruit in his hand. It was unmistakable!

Why had the Flaming Devil Fruit appeared on his ship after the death of the high priest?

In the original story, something like this had happened before: when a Devil Fruit user died, a nearby fruit had a chance to become a new Devil Fruit.

But that was too random!

Noir looked strangely at the Flame Fruit in his hand.

Ace curiously looked over and asked, "Strange, this fruit looks really strange, doesn't it?"

Noir threw the Flame-Flame Fruit to Ace and said, "This is a Devil Fruit. It should be a Logia-type Flame-Flame Fruit. That high priest had that power."

Ace clumsily grabbed the fruit and said, "A Devil Fruit, like the weird one Luffy ate when he was a kid?"

The spiral patterns on the skin were as fascinating as black holes.

Ace's eyes were glued to the fruit. "So if I eat this, I can turn into fire like that high priest?"

Noir nodded. "You just won't be able to swim anymore."

Then Noir added, "This power suits you well. Go ahead and eat it."

"Me? You don't want it?" Ace was stunned.

Noir held out his hand, and a puff of black flame rose. Ace understood immediately.

So Noir had eaten a devil fruit as well...

Wait a minute!

Then why was he able to swim with me before?

Ace couldn't figure out the mechanics of the system, no matter how much he thought about it.

Looking into the encouraging eyes of his crewmates, Ace finally nodded and said, "All right, I'll give it a try."

With that, Ace grabbed the Flame-Flame Fruit and took a big bite, revealing the orange flesh underneath the skin.

It looked quite good. Noir asked curiously, "How does it taste?"

Ace's expression slowly stiffened.

Then his features twisted together, his eyelids twitched, and his eyes rolled back.

Just looking at his expression, Noir and the others felt their teeth ache.

Ace struggled to swallow the meat and said, sticking out his tongue, "Ugh! It's horrible!"

"It tastes like burnt poop!"

Noir couldn't help but laugh at the bizarre comparison.

Ace opened his palm, and a wisp of orange-red flame danced on his fingertips.

Ace exclaimed in amazement, "I really turned into fire! It doesn't burn at all!"

"Let me try!"

With a sudden leap, Ace's body instantly transformed into roaring flames.

Ace absorbed and compressed the flames into his right arm, then formed a massive golden-red flaming fist, which he swung toward the sea!

A huge, powerful blast of high-temperature flames in the shape of a fist shot deep into the sea.

Its power penetrated hundreds of meters underwater and continued!

Deuce and the others were stunned. "So... so powerful!"

Ace landed back on the deck and played with the flames on his fingertips. "This power is so interesting! I'll call this move Fire Fist!"

Noir watched Ace with admiration. With the Flame Fruit, Ace was now truly the "Fire Fist" Ace from the original story.

He had not expected to witness the birth of "Fire Fist" with his own eyes.

Young and vigorous, Ace had a monstrous physique, far superior in power to the aging High Priest.

That single Fire Fist move was far more powerful than the High Priest's ultimate attack!

Noir used the system to scan Ace and found that he had indeed gained two new talents: Devil's Host: Flame-Flame and Sea's Rejection.

The quality of the Flame-Fruit talent was red!

Quietly approaching the excited Ace, Noir pulled out a red copy card and slammed it down, causing Ace to stumble.

Red-quality Flame-Flame Fruit ability acquired!

With this move, Noir finally replaced the Genzo Combat Technique from his youth!

Zoan-type Bear Fruit and Logia-type Flame-Flame Fruit! Noir was now a true Dual Fruit user!

In the future, when he copied a Gold-Level fruit from all three types, who could stop him?

"System Reminder: Host, the Devil's Host ability, is subject to world rules. The same ability can only exist once, unless the host eliminates the original talent owner."

Noir snapped out of his joy and asked nervously, "What does that mean?"

The system's cold voice continued:

"Although the system copies the 'Devil's Host' talent exactly, the training speed is only 50% and the upper limit of the ability is reduced. Killing the original owner allows the host to fully acquire the talent."

Now he understood. Noir's face was filled with disbelief.

Although he now had the ability of the Flaming Fruit, his training efficiency would be much lower than Ace's,

No wonder his training with the Bear Fruit had gone smoothly; he'd already killed the original owner, Kembraa.

To fully master the ability of the Flame Fruit, he'd have to kill Ace...

Noir quickly dismissed the thought. Not only had they formed a bond, but Garp would kill him if he ever found out.

No matter, he'd just find someone else to kill in the future.

Noir quickly adjusted his attitude as Ace and the others continued their celebration, finally feeling tired.

"Noir, I'm so hungry! Isn't there any food left on the ship?" Ace cried, bored and lying on the ground.

Noir looked at him from his deck chair and said, "No, can't you cook for yourself? We still have ingredients."

Ace replied dejectedly, "I can't cook. My pirate crew doesn't have a cook yet."

"Deuce and the others' cooking is terrible."

The three crew members glared at him simultaneously. If our cooking is so bad, why do you eat it?

Your cooking would probably taste like devil fruit.

Noir comforted them, "Just hold on a little longer. Once we get out of this fog, the route will return to normal and we'll soon reach my destination.

Ace asked curiously, "Where are you going?"

Noir smiled and said, "The restaurant Baratie."

"Baratie?" Skull exclaimed in surprise. "I've heard so much about Baratie. I didn't expect to eat there."

Ace looked at Noir expectantly and asked, "Is the food there good?"

"It's better than what you make."

Noir said, feeling excited inside.

Besides tasting delicious food, he had another goal in Baratie.

The curly-browed cook, Sanji!

He'd met Zoro and gotten Flying Swordsmanship, then met Ace and got Amaterasu Flame. What would he get from meeting Sanji?

It should be something to do with cooking or recipes, right?

----------------------------

15 ( Soon 20 ) Advanced Chapters on Patreon
https://www.p-atreon.com/dragonnx