Chapter 88: The Trap for Spandam

Enel had already warned Noir about Spandam's presence.

As soon as Noir stepped off the train, he noticed Spandam's movements and managed to arrive before him. It seemed Spandam could still be of some use.

Spandam approached the merchant, casting a dismissive glance at Noir. "Government business, move aside!"

"What did you say?"

The two hot-headed men behind Noir couldn't hold back any longer and were about to give Spandam a beating, but Noir quickly restrained them. Even Franky had to hold himself back. Seeing Spandam reminded him of the man who had taken Tom-sensei away, and the scar on Spandam's face was from a previous fight with Franky.

Outside, Enel, who had been dragged away, grumbled, "Why are you backing down? That piece of trash could be taken out with a single shot! Let's just finish him off!"

Noir gave him a light smack on the head. "You don't get it."

Wyper, pondering the situation, said, "You want him to buy the Devil Fruit first, and then we..."

Noir nodded with a satisfied smile. "Exactly."

Spandam's not exactly a saint, so taking his stuff won't weigh on my conscience.

Enel, still rubbing the bump on his head, muttered, "Then why not just rob the merchant directly?"

Noir shook his head. "No need. Franky mentioned the merchant is also a Devil Fruit user."

"Better to let Spandam fall into the trap."

Inside the shop, Spandam faced the merchant, who showed no signs of fear despite Spandam's smirking confidence.

Spandam sat down and crossed his legs. "I hear you're selling that Devil Fruit for 3.5 billion Berries..."

The merchant nodded and replied, "That's right."

Spandam sneered and slammed his hand on the table. "Who'd believe that price?"

The merchant's expression darkened. "What do you propose?"

Feigning deep thought, Spandam said, "How about 1,000 Berries?"

"Gahahaha!!"

Spandam and his entourage burst into laughter, showing no respect for the merchant.

The merchant's face grew even more stern, his fists clenching under the table.

Spandam continued his obnoxious laughter, taunting, "I work for the government, so this price is fair!"

"What? Do you think I'm offering too much?"

The merchant, towering over Spandam, finally broke into a smile.

Spandam smiled too, thinking the deal was done. But suddenly, the merchant's demeanor changed. He lunged at Spandam with a fierce intensity.

"What are Y...?!"

Spandam felt as if he had been hit by a Sea Train. His organs felt like they had been rearranged as he collapsed to his knees, vomiting.

The merchant's arm turned pitch black, impervious to the weapons and bullets of Spandam's men.

Outside, Noir sensed the change in the air. Haki? This guy's stronger than I thought...

Seeing his men fall, Spandam's arrogance quickly turned to fear. "We're from the World Government! Do you know who you're messing with?!"

The merchant responded with a brutal punch to the unscarred side of Spandam's face, tearing the skin open and sending blood spraying everywhere.

Clutching his face in agony, Spandam heard the merchant's cold words, "Either pay up or get lost! I don't have time for your nonsense!"

Having no other choice, Spandam begrudgingly ordered his men to fetch the money. Initially, he had the cash ready, but thought the merchant looked easy to bully, and tried to scam him. Instead, he ended up facing a true threat.

With a blackened face and dark thoughts of revenge, Spandam handed over the money. Once he got his hands on the Devil Fruit, he planned to have Lucci take care of the merchant personally.

Dragging his injured body and clutching the Devil Fruit, Spandam hurried to leave and find reinforcements.

In the shadows, Noir and his crew grinned and quietly followed Spandam.

Franky, worried about being recognized, was advised by Noir to stay back. Noir and the others, like outlaws, blocked Spandam's escape route.

"Stick 'em up! Hand over that box!"

Spandam's face turned green as he shouted, "Again?! You think we're easy prey?!"

"Huh?!"

...

After a brief, one-sided battle, Spandam was once again on his knees.

Enel flicked his hair, electricity still crackling as he stood amidst a group of government agents, all charred and unconscious.

Once Lucci arrives... I'll have them all slaughtered, along with that merchant!

"By the way, Wyper, where's Blueno?"

"He was getting in the way during the fight, so I handed him off to Franky."

Wait! Blueno?

Spandam, struggling to lift his head, heard Noir chuckle, "Wondering about Blueno, huh?"

"Before you showed up, they tried to kill me, but I took them down."

"Oh, and I kept one alive."

What?! Blueno captured, and Lucci defeated?

Spandam couldn't believe it. How could CP9's strongest, Rob Lucci, lose?

Overcome with rage, Spandam coughed up more blood.

Noir smirked, drawing his cursed blade, Devil Blade.

In the original story, Spandam had captured Robin, causing her immense suffering. While that had no direct relation to Noir now, he couldn't shake his resentment. And as for that incident with Nami... Spandam definitely had to go!

With a swift slash, Noir decapitated Spandam, sending his head flying.

"Killing you sullies my blade..." Noir muttered, sheathing his sword and taking the Dragon-Dragon Fruit from Spandam's lifeless hands.

Franky emerged from his hiding spot, carrying Blueno on his shoulder. Having witnessed the entire scene, he felt a deep sense of satisfaction, as if years of pent-up frustration had finally been released.

But his joy was short-lived as he quickly voiced his concern, "Killing a government official will bring heavy retaliation!"

This time, before Noir could respond, Enel interjected, "Let them come! I'll fry anyone who dares!"

Noir, surprised at Enel's newfound enthusiasm, wondered if the guy was getting addicted to the thrill of battle. It seemed like Enel was adapting to life in the Blue Sea faster than Wyper.

Stretching, Noir said, "Alright, let's head back to Water 7. This time, it looks like we'll really be on the run."

They made their way back to the station, and as fate would have it, the merchant who sold the Dragon-Dragon Fruit had just boarded the train.

Through the window, he glanced at Noir and his crew.

Seeing the box now in Noir's possession, the merchant was surprised but remained silent.

It's just a black-market trade, he thought. I got my money, so whatever.

The merchant was about to look away when something caught his eye, the glint of a pendant around Noir's neck.

Noitem!

The merchant, stunned, pressed his face against the glass, his eyes filled with disbelief.

Could it be...? The king's child!

...

Support Me and Read 15 Chapters. Ahead of Others!!

https://p@treon.com/dragonnx

[Replace '@' with 'a' to Access Patreon Normally]