Chapter 90: The Mysterious Woman's Power

After the Marines issued the bounty, they typically included nicknames and details of the criminal's exploits in the accompanying intelligence reports. When assigning nicknames, the Marines never considered the opinions of the criminals themselves. These nicknames generally summed up the criminal's appearance, abilities, identity, or any striking personality traits.

Noir had fantasized countless times about his nickname, something like "The Devil King" or "The Emperor," those cool, edgy titles...

But reality had slapped him hard.

There was no way the Marines would give a criminal such a grandiose title; that would only scare the citizens and elevate the pirate's status while diminishing their own. Those with truly fearsome titles were already widely known and couldn't be hidden, like "Pirate King," "Dark King," "Soul King," or "Empress."

Oh, and then there's the most absurd one: "GOD Usopp..."

Noir's title, "Devil Shadow," was severely lacking in flair.

Noir didn't want to be just a shadow!

He wanted a god-like title...

Enel eyed Noir's bounty poster, envious. "This bounty poster looks pretty well-made."

Wyper nodded, sighing. "They say a bounty poster is the first step to fame in the Blue Sea. It seems our captain is about to become famous!"

Conis, holding a sleeping Sky Fox, curiously asked, "Really? Will our photos become famous too?"

Enel and Wyper exchanged awkward glances and fell silent. Famous? They'd barely had a proper fight since descending from Skypiea. The only time they went against the government, Enel got pounded.

The thought infuriated Enel, who spat at the unconscious Blueno.

In the days that followed, both Noir and Robin became wanted criminals, so most of the shopping fell to Wyper and the others. It's worth mentioning that Enel's temperament had gradually improved since they brought him out, at least he now listened to Noir and refrained from attacking his own crew.

Noir didn't know why this change had happened, but it was a good sign, so he didn't push it.

Enel didn't want to compromise either, but after spending time in the Blue Sea, he realized something: there were people stronger than him here, and they had more tricks up their sleeves. Rather than running off into unfamiliar territory, he figured he was better off sticking with Noir.

Some time later, the Ark Maxim underwent another modification by the skilled shipwrights of Water 7. When they first saw the gold-plated room inside the ship, they were all stunned. However, out of professional integrity, the shipwrights restrained their greed and returned the newly improved Maxim to Noir in perfect condition.

After bidding farewell to Water 7, the crew of the Maxim set sail. Mayor Iceburg was still a bit dazed, not quite believing he'd met Franky without any attempt to seize the Pluton blueprints.

When Iceburg learned that his secretary and two foremen had gone missing, he knew Noir might have been telling the truth, that government agents had indeed infiltrated his ranks. Noir was not lying.

Noir... what a mysterious man...

On the Ark Maxim, Enel finally had his own room and no longer had to stay in the energy supply chamber. Satisfied, he settled into his room, lying comfortably on the bed.

Wyper, with Noir's permission, transformed into a Pteranodon and soared through the skies, reveling in the sensation of high-speed flight.

Noir studied the Log Pose, which pointed toward Fish-Man Island. To reach Fish-Man Island, they first had to go to Sabaody Archipelago for a coating, which meant passing through the Florian Triangle.