Chapter 54: The True History Text

After a massive sandstorm, the people of Rainbase opened their eyes in disbelief.

What they saw was a rain of berries falling like raindrops from the sky.

With Noir's scream as he scattered the money, the people of Rainbase went completely insane.

"Crocodile is handing out money!"

"Don't fight! Don't push me!"

"Money! Give me the money!"

"Asshole! Put down the berries in your hand!"

Crocodile felt like his heart was bleeding.

The Rain Dinner Casino was a powerful money-making machine in his hands.

The money earned by this one casino was comparable to the entire revenue of the Baroque Works.

Noir stood at the back of the chaotic crowd with two bags of berries on his back and grinned, "Well, I'll be going now, Sea Warlord~"

With a smug look, Noir collected the money, turned into sand and sank into the ground.

Now even Crocodile couldn't tell where Noir had hidden himself.

Crocodile roared like an enraged lion, his immense fury erupting as he shouted, "Noir!"

Even though Crocodile had become the "hero" of the country, this so-called honor wasn't enough for the people to return the money they had taken.

In addition, Noir used Crocodile's name to throw money around!

As the farce began to die down, Crocodile, exhausted in body and mind, returned to his office.

Looking at the devastated casino and the empty vault, all that remained in Crocodile's heart was rage and hatred!

He forced himself to calm down and think carefully about Noir's motives.

Noir was the one he had targeted, no doubt.

But Noir's understanding of him was far beyond Crocodile's imagination.

Coup d'état and the Pluto, Noir seemed to know his plans from the beginning.

But why come to the Rainbase and waste time if he knew this crucial information?

Was it to distract him?

This suggested that he had more advanced information than Crocodile.

For example, the burial place of the text of Pluto's True History!

But what use would that be?

Unless... he had an accomplice who could distract him while he checked the True History Text.

A flash of brilliance crossed Crocodile's mind, and he saw the woman's face in his mind.

Nico Robin? The one he had sent away?

If Noir could hear Crocodile's inner speculations, he would be munching on seeds and shouting "brilliant".

Noir's reason for creating a scene in Rain Dinners was simple: to get some money.

But Crocodile, through speculation, unexpectedly found out the real reason.

This was something Noir hadn't expected.

Crocodile paced the room, more and more convinced of the possibility.

He picked up his private phone and called Robin.

Brrr Brrr Brrr...

No one answered and Crocodile felt that he might be right.

Nico, Robin and this Noir had definitely conspired beforehand!