Chapter 64: Noir's True Background

No matter how domineering a demonic sword is, it is ultimately a weapon. It goes where its master points; only then is it considered obedient.

Noir raised the demonic sword and slashed the air toward the sea, sending a dark red wave of sword energy slicing through the water. The whirlpool created by the slash lingered for a long time. Sensing its master's power, the demonic sword calmed down considerably. Noir examined his weapon, and the system provided its details.

"Named sword Ghost Morro, a demonic sword custom-made by the system for the host, with growth attributes that scale with the host's Haki and strength."

"The blade repairs itself when stained with blood and can nurture a soul ghostly aura."

"It has a blood-draining feature, able to absorb the enemy's stamina and mental strength from any wound and transfer it back to the host."

Noir shook Ghost Morro, confirming it was indeed a dangerous demonic sword.

The fine sword Pure Heart had become less fitting for Noir's needs, and Ghost Morro appeared at the perfect time. Although it hadn't yet grown, Ghost Morro was already far sharper than Pure Heart.

Noir removed Pure Heart and replaced it with his new love, the demonic sword Ghost Morro, at his waist, immediately feeling invigorated.

Pure Heart, now out of favor, was relegated to a beautiful sword case for storage.

Noir wasn't proficient in dual-sword style and preferred the decisiveness of the single-sword style.

With a new destination, Noir returned to the ship and set sail toward the target according to the permanent pointer Mihawk had given him.

Robin, curious, noticed Noir now had a new sword after going ashore but got no explanation when she asked, so she dropped the subject.

Everyone has their secrets, much like how Robin couldn't understand how Noir knew so much about the Poneglyphs.

With the clue to Sky Island, Noir was in high spirits. The permanent pointer directed them to an island called Seething Island, not far from their original target, Jaya Island, so they didn't change their general course.

During this time, Robin used the whitening lotion Noir had given her, and her tanned skin became smoother.

Don't ask Noir how he knew this; he paid the price by washing clothes for three days.

On a sunny day, Noir enthusiastically practiced his swordsmanship with Ghost Morro. Although his mutated talent had accelerated his progress, Noir knew he needed rigorous training.

Many have squandered good talent...

Robin found a spot to sit, reading a book and writing something.

Noir, drenched in sweat from practice, curiously approached her and asked, "What are you researching?"

Robin nodded slightly, handing Noir a towel. "I'm looking into the history of the Kingdom of Noitem."

Noir wiped his sweat and asked, "What's the Kingdom of Noitem? Why are you researching it?"

Robin was surprised. "Don't you know your homeland?"

Homeland?

Noir shook his head in confusion. "I was born in the East Blue."

Robin pointed to the pendant around Noir's neck. "That pendant is a royal Gear of the Kingdom of Noitem."

Huh?

Noir looked down at the pendant. He had worn it since his rebirth, never thinking much about its significance.

Although the pendant's craftsmanship was good, Noir hadn't considered it special.

But if Robin said so, could his previous self have been a royal?

Noir sat down beside Robin. "I really don't know. I grew up in the East Blue and never met my parents."

Robin gently touched Noir's pendant, firmly stating, "This is undoubtedly a symbol of the Noitem royal family. I've seen replicas in my homeland."

Noir, seeing Robin lost in thought, asked, "Where is the Kingdom of Noitem? Why are you researching it?"

Robin shook her head. "The Kingdom of Noitem was destroyed."

What?

Noir's expression froze. He thought he had found his previous self's home...

But why was a perfectly good country destroyed?

Suddenly, Noir remembered his name, specifically the mysterious "D"...

He quickly asked, "Was it the World Government?"

Robin looked at him and nodded. "The government ordered it, and the Marine executed it, exactly twenty years ago."

"Also," Robin hesitated, with a complex expression, "it was three years before the Marine destroyed my hometown, Ohara."

Noitem, Ohara...

Noir pieced the information together. "You think Noitem and Ohara both researched things the government couldn't tolerate, so..."

Robin nodded silently. "I suspected this after recognizing your identity, but it's just a guess without evidence."

Twenty years ago, before Noir was born, could his relatives have taken him to the East Blue?

But where were they now?

A kingdom founded by the "D" family, what were they researching...

Even the single letter "D" could be a reason for a kingdom's demise.

Regardless of whether Noitem's destruction was similar to Ohara's, Noir felt compelled to investigate for his previous self's sake.

Noitem might be destroyed, but the island should still exist, right?

Noir took a sip of his cold drink to calm himself and asked, "Where are the ruins of the Kingdom of Noitem?"

Robin smiled and said, "In the New World, the second half of the Grand Line."

Cough!

Noir nearly choked on his drink.

How did he get from the New World to the East Blue? How did he travel such a distance?

Robin, resting her chin on her hand, smiled knowingly. "You must be wondering how you got to the East Blue."

Even if his relatives escorted Noir, the World Government and Marine wouldn't ignore a "criminal" escaping, especially hiding for so long.

Unless... someone protected him, or his parents were powerful.

He felt there was a missing piece but couldn't figure it out.

Noir couldn't understand, but seeing Robin's beautiful profile, he quickly realized something else.

No wonder Robin trusted him from the start, it was because of his background.

They both were remnants, unwanted by the government, with their homelands destroyed.

But Noir was luckier; he met Bell-mère and had a beautiful home.

...

Support me to write More and read 16 Chapters Ahead of Others!!

https://p@treon.com/dragonnx

[Replace '@' with 'a' to access Patreon Normally]