Chapter 97: The Formation of Power

Perona's ghosts passed through Noir repeatedly, but Noir silently issued a command to the system.

"Do not absorb this external ability, no matter how many times it appears."

Perona stared at Noir in disbelief, stuttering, "W-Why aren't you becoming depressed?"

Noir casually responded, "Maybe it's because I'm a deep and mysterious man?"

Perona's mouth dropped open, and she clutched her head in frustration, exclaiming, "Why is this happening?"

As they were speaking, Lucci suddenly appeared behind her and delivered a swift strike to the back of her neck. Perona immediately fainted, and Robin, along with Conis, quickly supported her.

"She is very loyal to Moria. Let's keep her under house arrest for now."

Having more subordinates certainly brought advantages. Since taking over the Thriller Bark, Noir hadn't had to lift a finger against anyone other than Moria. With a single command, there was always someone to execute it, this is what it means to be in a position of power.

As the new user of the Shadow-Shadow Fruit, Noir quickly took control of all the zombies on the ship, firmly establishing his authority over the Thriller Bark.

Though the zombies weren't exactly impressive in appearance, they were products of the Devil Fruit and displayed absolute loyalty to Noir.

Just as Noir found some time to relax again, Blueno opened another door in front of him.

Poor Blueno, due to his Door-Door Fruit ability, had been reduced to a mere messenger by Noir.

Blueno, emerging from the door and visibly winded from repeated use of his powers, reported, "Captain, someone wants to see you!"

Noir looked at him in surprise and asked, "There are others on the island?"

Scratching his head and gesturing vaguely, Blueno described, "It's an ugly woman with a big head and lipstick."

"It seems Moria took their shadows, so they've been hiding here."

Noir suddenly understood. He remembered now; the woman on the ship was Lola, wasn't she?

Lola, one of Big Mom's numerous daughters, had caught the eye of the Giant Prince, leading her delighted mother to arrange a marriage that would improve relations with the Giants.

But who would've thought that, despite her unremarkable appearance, Lola had a gutsy personality. She dared to defy Big Mom's orders, fleeing the New World and enraging both Big Mom and the Giants.

Noir nodded and said, "Bring her to me."

Soon after, an unattractive woman and her followers were brought before Noir.

She was indeed hard on the eyes...

Seeing Noir, Lola respectfully greeted him alongside her subordinates, "Greetings, Noir. new user of the Shadow-Shadow Fruit."

Noir nodded and got straight to the point, "You want your shadows back, right?"

Lola hesitated for a moment, then, with difficulty, said, "Moria, one of the Seven Warlords, took our shadows. We haven't seen sunlight in years..."

Noir raised his hand, cutting her off, "I can return your shadows, but I have conditions."

Lola was taken aback but quickly became overjoyed, "That's wonderful! We'll do our best to meet your conditions."

Noir shook his head and pointed at Lola, saying, "It's nothing major. I just need you to give me your mother's Vivre Card."

Lola was puzzled, how did Noir know she had a Vivre Card?