Chapter 70: God's Island

The White Beret Captain lay on the ground, shouting in anguish, "Attacking the White Beret troops is a second-degree crime! You must face God's trial!"

Upon hearing the mention of God's trial, Pagaya and Conis's faces changed drastically.

God's trial involved handing over criminals to the priests, who would torture and execute them through a series of trials.

Moreover, the residents of Angel Island were obliged to deceive these criminals into entering God's Island, Upper Yard.

This was a duty imposed by Enel upon the citizens of Angel Island.

Conis, unable to deceive Noir and Robin, hurriedly pulled Robin aside and whispered, "Run, Sister Robin, the priests' trials are very cruel!"

Robin smiled gently and said, "It's not up to me."

Conis was stunned and then looked at Noir.

Noir patted her shoulder reassuringly and said, "Don't worry, we won't trouble you."

"Would you like to join us?"

Noir looked at Conis and asked.

Conis was confused by his sudden question and said, "What?"

Noir said, "We're going to Upper Yard, and when we come back, you should come with us to adventure in the Blue Sea!"

Without waiting for her agreement, he walked towards the White Beret Captain and said, "Take us to God's trial quickly, I can't wait."

The White Beret Captain, seeing such an eager criminal for the first time, hesitantly said, "Okay... okay."

The White Beret Captain drove the Waver, carrying Noir and Robin, swaying as they headed towards the depths of the cloud sea.

Conis watched their receding figures in deep thought.

Could they really defeat the God?

And, could she really become their companion and venture into the Blue Sea?

Conis's faith in God wavered, and her curiosity about the Vearth-filled Blue Sea grew stronger.

Noir and Robin, sitting on the Captain's boat, acted like lords, causing the Captain great pressure.

He had seen many poor souls sent to God's trial, but never someone so eager to court death.

When they finally saw an island lush with vegetation, the White Beret Captain breathed a sigh of relief.

Once inside this island, he no longer feared these two would play any tricks.

Noir and Robin disembarked and examined their surroundings.

The plants here were extraordinarily large, as if scaled up several times from the plants in the Blue Sea.

The dense tree canopy blocked the sunlight, allowing only faint rays to penetrate. Noir and Robin exchanged a glance and ventured deeper into the forest.

As they delved further into the ancient forest, the surrounding sounds diminished, and occasional giant beasts that emerged were swiftly cut down.

In the depths of Upper Yard, amidst ruins, a massive beanstalk pierced the sky. Among its huge vines, a grand palace stood.

In the dim palace, blue electric arcs suddenly lit up, illuminating the entire hall.

The rampaging blue lightning converged at a point, forming the shape of a person on the throne.

This person wore a turban, had conspicuous long ears, was bare-chested, and had thunder drums attached to his back, lying arrogantly on the chair.

This was Enel, the ruler of Sky Island, known as God.

At this moment, Enel was in a bad mood!

Using his powerful Mantra, he had clearly heard what Noir said.

Those disrespectful and blasphemous words!

He was about to use his power to unleash Sacred punishment and kill that kid.

But unexpectedly, the kid had come to him on his own.

Thus, he had to let him experience the hunt by the priests!

In Enel's court, four bizarre-looking individuals knelt, awaiting the God's command.

Enel addressed his four priestly subordinates, "An insolent fool has entered the island. You can have some fun with him."

The four priests immediately grew excited and said, "Understood, we'll handle it!"

Enel nodded, then suddenly frowned and sneered, "Those pesky guerrillas are back again."

The four priests, upon hearing about the guerrillas, were infuriated. Satori, the priest of the Ordeal of Strings, wearing aviator goggles, cursed, "Those damn Shandians trespass on God's territory again!"

Another priest, Ohm, responsible for the Ordeal of Iron, adjusted his sunglasses and said, "Let me handle them, I'll make sure they never return!"

Enel nodded and said to the other two, "Besides the Shandian rats, those two criminals are for Gedatsu and Shura."

"Yes!" The two replied in unison, and then all the priests departed. Enel, half-closing his eyes, disdainfully said, "humans, how dare they challenge a God..."

Noir, sensing the presence with his Observation Haki, scorned the voyeuristic Enel.

Observation Haki, after all, was only useful for battle alerts and searching. If it could actually see through things, Noir would use it every day.

Just after mentioning Observation, Noir's Observation detected a small figure.

A little girl dressed like a tribesperson was squatting on the ground, stealthily unpacking and filling a bag with something.

Robin, moving silently, approached her, but before she got close, the girl suddenly jumped up as if electrocuted, grabbed her bag, and tried to run away.

Already aware of her movements, Noir took a big step forward, blocking her path.

The girl couldn't stop in time and crashed into Noir's leg, falling to the ground with a thud.

The bag fell open, spilling a lot of soil.

Noir picked up the bag and said, "You're here to steal soil? Are you a Shandian?"

Though young, the girl had a fierce temper. She glared up at him, trying to grab her bag back, but Noir easily held her down with one hand.

Noir, speaking softly as if to a child, asked, "Little girl, what's your name? How old are you? Do you need our help?"

"Don't call me little girl!" the girl angrily replied. "I'm Aisa, eight years old, and I'm a Shandian warrior!"

"You're a warrior at eight?" Noir was skeptical of her claim.

Robin glanced at him and nonchalantly said, "It's not that surprising. I had a bounty of seventy-nine million Berries at eight."

Hiss.

Noir thought back to what he was doing at eight.

...

Support me to write More and read 16 Chapters Ahead of Others!!

https://p@treon.com/dragonnx

[Replace '@' with 'a' to access Patreon Normally]