Chapter 92: The Fallen CP9

While Noir was in the midst of striking a deal with the Revolutionary Army, the defeated CP9 members were living in a state of utter despair.

The World Government had already received word of their failure and had learned of Blueno "death" and Spandam's gruesome demise.

CP9, a secret intelligence agency that had never been exposed to the public, had been utterly crushed by a rising pirate. This sent the Five Elders into a rage. They had originally considered recruiting Noir as a Warlord of the Sea, but now...

Unable to capture Noir, they instead vented their wrath on CP9.

Spandam's father, Spandine, was devastated by the loss of his son. He blamed Lucci and the others, reasoning that if they had done their job and protected Spandam, his son would still be alive.

Targeted both internally and externally, CP9 found themselves utterly defeated and were eventually abandoned by the government. Lucci had no choice but to lead his comrades in a desperate escape from Enies Lobby.

In the waters far from Water 7, Lucci, now transformed into his leopard form, stood on a wrecked battleship. During their flight, Lucci had come across a Devil Fruit, none other than the same Zoan-type Cat-Cat Fruit: Model Leopard that he had consumed in the original story.

Using the enhanced combat abilities from the fruit, Lucci led his team through a series of narrow escapes, continuously evading the government's and the Marine's relentless pursuit.

Kalifa, her once elegant uniform now tattered and torn, wore an exhausted expression on her otherwise pristine face. "How much longer do we have to keep running?" she asked.

Kaku, still gravely injured, coughed up blood. The wolf-man, Jabra, who was supporting him, gave a bitter smile. "Who knows? These relentless pursuers..."

Jabra glanced over at Lucci. Ever since their crushing defeat, Lucci had become increasingly withdrawn, shutting himself off from the rest of the world.

Sympathizing with Lucci, Jabra hesitated for a moment before sadly saying, "Lucci, is Blueno really..."

Lucci suddenly snapped his head around, his bloodshot eyes glaring like daggers at Jabra, causing a chill to run down his spine.

At the mention of Blueno name, the six remaining CP9 members fell silent.

Lucci clenched his fists, striking the ground in frustration. The shadow of defeat still loomed over his heart. If only he had been stronger...

"Rob Lucci, and all former CP9 members, surrender now and accept the government's judgment!"

CP9 looked toward the approaching battleship from which the enemy's voice echoed. Their spirits were completely crushed.

Kaku was gravely injured, and the rest of them were utterly exhausted. Only Lucci remained standing, stubbornly holding on.

Lucci, shirtless, had grown even more muscular in his leopard form, but his labored breathing betrayed his fatigue.

Just as he was about to charge forward for one last desperate fight, a shadow suddenly loomed over them from above.

Lucci instinctively looked up and saw a massive long-winged dragon swooping down from the sky, heading straight for the battleship.

Wyper, with his dragon wings beating, charged at the battleship with his powerful hind claws.

Against the might of the Wind God Pteranodon, a single battleship was no match. In an instant, the once-mighty ship was torn to pieces.

Countless Marines screamed as they jumped into the sea, while others futilely fired back.

But their bullets were nothing more than pebbles against Wyper's tough hide. With a powerful flap of his wings, Wyper created a massive wave that drowned the remaining Marines.

Lucci watched the scene in awe, silently clenching his fists.

A good Devil Fruit can indeed greatly enhance a person's abilities.

While Lucci did not regret eating the Cat-Cat Fruit, he couldn't help but envy those with rarer powers.

But when Wyper landed in front of them and reverted to his original form, Lucci's envy turned to cold resolve.

He recognized him, it was that detestable man's subordinate!

Kalifa stared at Wyper in horror. "You're one of Noir's men! Did he send you?"

Jabra, alarmed, quickly positioned himself in front of Kaku, baring his teeth and tensing up in a defensive stance.

CP9's owl-like Fukuro and the Kabuki-like Kumadori also stood ready, their eyes filled with suspicion.

Wyper, unfazed by their hostility, snorted. "Don't get the wrong idea. If it weren't for the captain's orders, I wouldn't have bothered with you."

Captain? Could it be...

The CP9 members turned to look at the elegantly adorned ship slowly approaching from the distance.

And standing on the bow was the man who had taken their comrade's life, Noir!

Wyper was about to speak, but Lucci moved faster, leaping onto the ship and aiming a powerful kick at Noir's head, shouting, "How dare you show your face here!"

Noir remained expressionless, but Enel reacted quickly.

Blue lightning crackled above Lucci's head, and Enel appeared in a flash, slamming his foot down on Lucci, interrupting his attack.

Lucci was sent flying back, and Noir, without lifting a finger, patted Enel approvingly.

Finally, Noir thought, he had two capable subordinates!

The difference in demeanor was stark. Compared to those two fools from the East Blue, Wyper and Enel were like angels...

As Lucci struggled to his feet, preparing for another assault, his comrades prepared to join him.

Wyper, annoyed, was about to intervene, but Noir suddenly spoke up. "What's this? Don't you want your comrade back?"

Lucci skidded to a halt, looking at Noir suspiciously. "What do you mean?"

Noir turned and grabbed the still-unconscious Blueno, throwing him into the sea right in front of them.

Lucci gasped, momentarily forgetting that he was now a Devil Fruit user, and dove into the water after him.

Jabra, panicking, was about to jump in after them, but Kalifa stopped him.

Kalifa, who hadn't eaten a Devil Fruit, dove into the water and pulled both Lucci and Blueno back to the surface.

Noir raised an eyebrow, smiling. "It seems your bond is stronger than I expected."

With Lucci back on land and Blueno confirmed to be only unconscious, the weight of sorrow and anger that had been burdening them for days lifted slightly.

CP9 may have been disbanded by the government, but that meant nothing.

As long as they were alive, they would always be CP9.

Lucci turned to Noir, his eyes no longer filled with malice, but his tone remained harsh. "Why save him? We're enemies."

Noir smiled warmly, though his words were chilling. "And what if we weren't?"

Lucci narrowed his eyes, scoffing. "You want to recruit us? Do you really think that's possible?"

Noir's smile widened, but his words were as cold as ice:

"Do you really have a choice?"

"Refuse, and I might just kill you all~"

<><><>

15 Advanced Chapters on Patreon

https://www.p-atreon.com/dragonnx

( Remove the hyphen to access Patreon normally )