Chapter 85: The Fall of CP9

Rob Lucci glanced at Blueno, who was hovering in the air, and asked, "Is everything alright?"

Blueno, sporting his distinctive horn-shaped hairstyle, nodded confidently. "No problem. I can just use Geppo to avoid the Seastone."

Enel was instantly dumbfounded.

"That's not fair! Why don't you fight me with Seastone if you're so tough?!"

Noir observed the CP9 members thoughtfully. It seemed that, at this point in time, apart from Blueno, Lucci and the others hadn't yet consumed Devil Fruits.

With a smile, Noir taunted CP9, "Are you all really that afraid of my abilities?"

Kalifa, dressed in a tight black suit that accentuated her long, white legs encased in fishnet stockings, replied, "Without Rokushiki and the ability to turn into your element, you're as good as dead."

Noir didn't bother explaining the system's truth. He turned to Wyper and Enel and said, "You two take one each. I'll deal with the tough ones first."

Wyper, supporting Enel, looked over at Blueno and said, "I'll take on the guy bouncing around in the air."

Enel, feeling bitter, glanced at the two of them. "What am I supposed to do, then?"

Wyper patted the god's shoulder with a grin. "You handle the woman. Don't lose!"

You've got to be kidding me...

In Enel's mind, he should have arrogantly lifted his head and instantly fried these Matrix-wannabes with lightning.

But unfortunately, with his Devil Fruit powers suppressed, Enel's physical abilities, though decent, paled in comparison to CP9, who had mastered Rokushiki.

Blueno and Kalifa exchanged a glance and then began advancing on their respective targets.

Enel drew his gold staff, using it as a crutch to lift himself up.

Blueno sneered, "Fighting with a crutch? Are you joking?"

"Kalifa got lucky facing the weakest one!"

The weakest... The weakest?!

Enel's pride flared. He, the god who had only been bested by Noir, was now being mocked by mere mortals as the weakest?

Noir might have defeated him, but that didn't mean he could be insulted by these nobodies!

Summoning unexpected strength, Enel used his staff to push himself up and suddenly lunged at Blueno.

Wyper was stunned.

"Seriously? Can you just switch opponents like that?"

As Enel leaped into the air, the moment his feet left the Seastone, his lost power surged back.

A maniacal grin spread across Enel's face as his hands transformed into long whips of lightning, lashing out at Blueno.

"Kid! Let me show you who's the strongest... well, second strongest in this crew!!"

The space filled with blinding light as Noir watched Enel fighting with everything he had, and a smile crossed his face.

Enel might be cruel, arrogant, and twisted, but in some ways, he was remarkably straightforward.

In truth, during the years Enel ruled Skypiea, as long as he hadn't tried to destroy the island, he hadn't done much else that was truly reprehensible, he was just an inept ruler.

Most of his cruelty had been directed at those who invaded Skypiea from outside.

Unbeknownst to Enel, he had actually protected the people of Skypiea to some extent, preventing them from being trafficked to the Blue Sea.