Chapter 81: News of Ace

After finally escaping the clutches of the Sea Kings and evading the watchful eyes of the Marines, Noir and his crew managed to flee the Calm Belt, thanks to the electrical power of the Ark Maxim.

Unlike the Marines' special warships, which could freely navigate the Calm Belt without being detected by Sea Kings, they didn't have that advantage.

Robin looked at Noir with concern and asked, "Did Aokiji make a move?"

Noir shook his head and replied, "He had his reservations or perhaps another agenda, so he didn't trouble me."

Turning to Robin, Noir spoke seriously, "The next island is near Enies Lobby, a government stronghold. Be careful."

Robin nodded and said, "Don't worry about me. But aren't you afraid of being targeted by the government?"

Noir scoffed and sneered, "Damn government, they better not mess with me."

Robin smiled at him. The fear she had of the government institutions from her childhood seemed to have vanished now.

In the original storyline, Robin had sacrificed herself and defected to protect the Straw Hat crew in Water 7. But now things were different.

The key difference between Noir and Luffy's crew was the gap in strength. Though Luffy and his crew were talented, they wouldn't surpass the level of a Vice Admiral at that point without extraordinary circumstances.

Noir, on the other hand, was different. With his mysterious Devil Fruit ability, advanced Haki, and swordsmanship that could rival Mihawk, he had been at the peak since his debut.

Robin had witnessed Noir's battles against two of the Seven Warlords of the Sea and was confident in his strength.

In simple terms, while Robin might have been a burden to the Straw Hat crew at that time, she was no burden to someone at the level of Noir, who was comparable to the Seven Warlords.

Moreover, the government wouldn't want to provoke someone like Noir unless absolutely necessary, as they might even try to recruit him later.

After setting the course and instructing Wyper to watch over the ship, Noir returned to his laid-back mode.

On the deck made from processed clouds, three beach chairs were lined up neatly. Noir lay in the middle, with the sultry Robin on his left and the pure Conis on his right.

All three wore sunglasses, enjoying the sea breeze and sunshine comfortably.

Noir was moved to tears, feeling that his quality of life had finally been elevated! Reflecting on the days of wandering in the East Blue, it was either him alone or with Ace and the others.

Five men together! Only Noir knew how he got through that time.

But to be honest, he missed them a bit. He wondered how Ace was doing now...

"More news about 'Fire Fist' Ace..."

Robin's soft murmur startled Noir. "Ace?"

Robin nodded, handing him the newspaper, "The news birds have been publishing a lot about him lately."

Noir took the newspaper and quickly found the headline about Ace. It was the front-page story, detailing his recent actions:

"The notorious pirate, Portgas D. Ace, engaged in a fierce battle with the Marines on Nasd Island and used flames to destroy an entire Marine base!"

"The bounty has increased to 98 million Berries. Fire Fist Ace may become a Supernova with a bounty exceeding 100 million when he reaches the Sabaody Archipelago!"