Chapter 49: Sandman is on his way

Crocodile was stunned for a few seconds when he heard Noir call him "Sandman," but he quickly regained his composure.

His cold voice came through the transponder snail: "How do you know my identity? Did Miss All-Sunday tell you?"

Noir chuckled, "It has nothing to do with her. I knew your identity from the beginning."

"What is your purpose?" Crocodile asked, his tone uncertain.

"I'm just here for the show..." And to steal Robin, Noir added mentally.

Crocodile sneered, "So you never intended to become my subordinate."

Noir nodded and replied naturally, "Of course not. I just came to cause you some trouble."

"Kid," Crocodile said contemptuously. "Do you think I would bother with a weak ant like you?"

"Is that so?" Noir replied nonchalantly. "The mighty Shichibukai stealing a land and scheming for an ancient weapon... What if the World Government finds out?"

On the other side, Crocodile, who had been relaxed, suddenly looked grim.

Stealing a country, Pluton - how did he know about such things?

With anger brewing like a volcano ready to erupt, Crocodile demanded, "How do you know? Are you threatening me?"

If Noir really told the government or the Marines about this, Crocodile's plan would definitely be ruined. Not to mention the World Government's taboo on ancient weapons.

Crocodile gradually calmed down and decided to buy some time. He said, "Actually... we can cooperate."

Raising an eyebrow, Noir asked, "Cooperate on what?"

Crocodile said slowly, "Once we have the information on Pluton and Alabasta is secured, I can make you king of a country!"

Noir couldn't help but laugh, "That sounds very tempting.

Crocodile's voice, like a seductive spell, continued, "You can take over Baroque Works right now. My people will be at your disposal."

"You're very reliable," Noir said, dismissing Crocodile's empty promises. He handed the transponder snail to Robin.

When Crocodile heard Robin's voice, he instructed, "Miss All-Sunday, go to the capital and check on the progress of the Dance Powder plan. Let Noir take over here. There will be subordinates to hand over to him soon."

He couldn't leave Noir and the ancient text expert Robin together; it was too dangerous. So he used the pretext of a mission to separate them.

What he didn't know was that this was perfectly in line with Noir and Robin's plans.

Robin smiled slightly and said, "Got it, boss."

After giving the order, Crocodile quickly hung up, then got up and walked out.

As he plunged into the desert sands, Crocodile's body turned to dust, kicking up countless grains of sand as he flew in one direction.

Cooperating with Noir was just a stall tactic.

He just needed to get to the Spider Cafe and kill the kid! Then everything would be fine.

As Crocodile raced towards the café:

Robin calmly hung up the phone and looked at Noir. "He's coming to kill you."

Noir nodded and said helplessly, "Is Crocodile's brain full of water?"

"Does he really think I believe what he said?"

Robin sat on the table and laughed softly, "He doesn't care if you believe him or not, as long as he can keep you here temporarily."

Noir grinned mischievously, "I don't plan on sitting here waiting for him."

Robin asked curiously, "What are you going to do?"

Noir clenched his fist and smiled maliciously, "While he's out, I'm going to raid his lair."

Robin gasped and said, "Aren't you afraid of his retaliation?"

"Retaliation?" Noir chuckled. "I already said I'm not afraid of him."

Then he remembered something and asked Robin, "When you infiltrate the capital and see the story in the underground shrine, will you go with me?"

Robin didn't answer. She went out the back door of the cafe.

At the entrance, Robin had a thoughtful look on her face, followed by a graceful smile.

"Let's talk about this later."

With that, Robin stepped into the yellow sand.

Noir watched her go and shrugged helplessly.

Would Robin go with him? Rationally, probably not.

Given Robin's cautious nature, she wouldn't trust anyone until she had achieved her goal.

But despite her tragic childhood and dark background, her heart remained bright.

So she devoted all her energy to finding the poneglyphs.

Maybe that's why he was willing to help her.

While Robin went to the capital to find the Poneglyph, Noir had to make a plan of his own.

He left the secret room and returned to the front hall of the café.

Paula was still sitting there, watching Noir with interest.

From what Miss All-Sunday had said, this seemingly flirtatious young man was their new member and his strength was not to be underestimated.

Paula adjusted her glasses, resting her chin on her hand, and teased in her sexy, smoky voice:

"Handsome, Miss All-Sunday has left. Would you like to have a drink with your big sister?"

Noir looked at Paula and suddenly an idea popped into his head.

Smiling, Noir walked over and sat down in front of Paula.

"Big sis, you're also a senior agent of Baroque Works, right?"

Paula frowned and asked, "Did Miss All-Sunday tell you?"

Noir remained noncommittal. Paula's expression relaxed slightly as she said:

"Since she told you, I won't hide it. My code name is Miss Doublefinger and I'm Mr. 1's partner."

Noir nodded, silently noting her name, and smiled, "I'll remember that. Thank you."

With that, Noir reached out and touched Paula's face.

Paula blushed.

Is he in such a hurry?

Noir's big hand gently caressed Paula's face, his handsome face coming closer.

Warm breaths swept over her. Paula wanted to push him away, but seeing his face, she couldn't bring herself to do so.

Such a handsome young man; a little indulgence should be in order, right?

After all, staring at Mr. 1's bald head every day, Paula hadn't seen a handsome man in ages.

But while Paula was lost in her fantasies, Noir's magnetic voice sounded:

"Big sis, take a good look at who I am."

----------------------------

16 ( Soon 20 ) Advanced Chapters on Patreon

https://www.p-atreon.com/dragonnx