Chapter 41: Farewell and Promise

The desert kingdom of Alabasta.

As one of the superpowers of the Grand Line, Alabasta has faced some difficulties in recent months.

Being a desert land, it hasn't seen a drop of rain in months.

Strangely, however, the royal capital of Alabasta has been experiencing frequent rainfall lately.

Many citizens are puzzled, but out of trust for their king, they haven't questioned it deeply.

Besides Alabasta, there is another place that has escaped the drought.

The city of Rainbase, where it also rains, has recently become the base of an important figure.

One of the Seven Warlords of the Sea, Sir Crocodile.

Since Crocodile has taken up residence here, pirate invasions have all but ceased, and he has established his headquarters in the largest casino in the land, "Rain Dinners".

Unknown to the citizens and the royal family, the recent strange occurrences in the kingdom are all orchestrated by this so-called "National Hero".

In reality, he is the leader of the Baroque Works criminal organization, known as Mr. 0.

Crocodile sat in a dimly lit room, a cigar in his mouth, staring intently at the large tank in front of him.

It wasn't just a fish tank, but a large one that housed his pet crocodile.

In the deadly silence, the crocodile suddenly spoke in a deep voice, "How's that thing coming?"

From the shadows, a mature but clearly distant voice replied:

"The members of Baroque Works disguised as a transport team were discovered by that man named Koza while delivering the Dance Powder. It's only a matter of time now."

A woman wearing a white cowboy hat and a leather coat stepped out of the shadows.

Her skin was a healthy tan, her eyes were a mix of blue and green, deep and alluring, and her features were delicate and charming.

She was a woman of great spirit. Though she wore a smile, there was still a barrier between her and others.

Crocodile grinned and chuckled, "Well done."

"My plan is about to begin. Alabasta and this thing will both be mine."

Crocodile thought, "But for that I need more subordinates..."

"Have you found the strongest hunter from the East Blue?"

The woman shook her head slightly and said, "He's gone off the radar, but there's information that he's entering the Grand Line."

Crocodile nodded and said, "Perfect. Take him to Whiskey Peak and talk to him."

"Understood." The woman then asked, "What if he refuses to join us?"

"Heh!"

Crocodile laughed deeply and confidently, "Send Mr. 5."

"A kid from the backwater of East Blue thinks he can gain freedom on the Grand Line just because he has some strength?"

The woman's beautiful but emotionless eyes showed a hint of contempt. She nodded and turned to leave.

Crocodile's voice called out behind her:

"Nico Robin, do not forget our purpose and do not play any tricks."

"You should understand that only the identity of a warlord can temporarily protect you, so don't even think about running away."

"Besides, where would you run to?"

Robin showed no reaction to his words, but wore a fleeting expression of melancholy after leaving the room, which soon disappeared.

...

Meanwhile, at Noir's side.

Under the pouring rain, Noir and Ace's ships reached the rising current of Reverse Mountain.

Reverse Mountain has five water channels: four are ascending currents from the four seas that climb the mountain, before one current flows down into the Grand Line.

The two great ships entered the mountain's current, which defied the laws of nature by flowing upward.

If Newton were here, his ashes would be scattered in the sea...

The ships bumped along the current, climbed the towering mountain, reached the top, and then raced down!

The ships of Noir and the Spade Pirates broke through the clouds and fell from the sky into the sea.

The bumpy ride was finally over, and Ace excitedly stuck his head out and shouted, "That was exciting!

Soaked like a drowned rat, Noir stood up, leaned on the railing, and said, "This is way more intense than a roller coaster.

Noir took out a dry towel to wipe his head and looked around curiously.

This was Twin Cape, but where was Laboon, the giant whale?

Noir shook his head, thinking that Laboon couldn't be on the surface all the time.

Both crews tidied up their ships and it was time to part ways.

Noir transferred some supplies to Ace's crew and advised, "The Grand Line is different than before. You should find a navigator quickly."

Ace nodded and smiled brightly, "Take care of yourself. Let's meet again at sea!"

Starting from Twin Cape, the entrance to the Grand Line, there were seven magnetic routes, and they decided to leave separately from here.

"Even though the routes are different, we will meet again at the Sabaody Archipelago. Let's race to see who gets there first."

Noir raised his fist, smiling as he challenged Ace.

Ace bumped his fist against Noir's and laughed, "Done. Loser eats next time!"

"All right! It's a promise!"

The two sealed their bet with a fist bump, and Ace turned back to his ship, waving goodbye to Noir with a smile.

Noir waved vigorously and shouted, "See you!"

As the ship sailed away, Noir's ship fell silent again.

He felt a little out of place.

Noir sighed, mocking himself, "It's annoying when they're here, but now that they're gone, I feel a bit lonely.

He wasn't one for noise, but Noir liked having lively activity around him, it made him feel warm.

After sighing for a while, Noir finally broke out of his melancholic mood.

It seemed that he had to find a companion for his journey; otherwise it was too boring.

Adjusting his attitude, Noir hoisted the sails and set sail again, guided by the Log Pose.

His first destination was Whiskey Peak, where Crocodile had eyes everywhere.

Perhaps he could find a Eternal Log Pose to Alabasta there.

But as he began to sail, Noir realized that he didn't even know where Whiskey Peak was...

Just as Noir was scratching his head, not knowing what to do next, Crocodile's help arrived.

A ship approached slowly on the sea. The lookout spotted Noir's ship and shouted, "Found him, the guy the boss wants to recruit!"

Noir, with his keen senses, heard the commotion and looked curiously at the people on the ship.

One man on the edge of the ship rubbed his hands together eagerly and said, "Excuse me, are you Mr. Noir?"

----------------------------

16 ( Soon 20 ) Advanced Chapters on Patreon

https://www.p4treon.com/dragonnx

[Replace '4' with 'a' to access Patreon Normally]