Chapter 87: The Ryu Ryu no Mi

"An Ancient Zoan?" Noir was taken aback as he looked at Franky.

Franky smirked, an air of mystery about him, and said, "Yeah, that's what I heard through some back channels. Only those with deep connections know about it. Someone's actually looking to sell this Devil Fruit!"

"Just like that? Selling it?" Noir asked in disbelief.

This was an Ancient Zoan Devil Fruit!

Even if Conis were to eat it, she'd turn into a powerhouse, capable of smashing opponents with a single punch!

Who in their right mind would sell something so valuable?

Franky mused, "The seller's already eaten a Devil Fruit. Plus, from what I've heard, he made some powerful enemies to get his hands on it, so he's in a hurry to sell."

Interesting...

Noir began to contemplate. There was no way he could let such a powerful Devil Fruit slip through his fingers.

Not for himself, though, this one was meant for Wyper.

Wyper needed to grow stronger quickly, and a Devil Fruit was undoubtedly a shortcut.

And an Ancient Zoan, enhancing physical abilities, was perfect for Wyper's combat style, especially one as rare as this.

Noir decided that he had to visit this black market!

Anyone who could sell a Devil Fruit of this caliber must be someone of considerable strength.

But they probably didn't anticipate that such a prize would attract a predator like Noir.

Meanwhile, in another car of the Sea Train, several shady individuals were seated together.

One of them, with short purple hair, dark circles under his eyes, and half his face covered by a mask, was Spandam.

Spandam was in a particularly good mood. As the commander of CP9, he wielded significant power, despite his own lack of combat ability.

Not long ago, his pride and joy, Rob Lucci, CP9's strongest agent in 800 years, requested a Devil Fruit.

Preferably a Zoan-type, so that his mastery of Rokushiki could advance even further.

At first, Spandam had no idea where to find such a rare item. But soon after, he stumbled upon secret intel about an Ancient Zoan Devil Fruit.

Spandam was ecstatic. If Lucci were to eat a rare Ancient Zoan Devil Fruit, he'd become even more formidable.

Driven by the desire to please Lucci and secure this incredible opportunity, Spandam had boarded this train.

Unbeknownst to him, in another car further back, there was another group of mysterious figures.

One of them was the same man who had been spying on Noir earlier.

Beside him sat a woman, her figure partially concealed by a heavy cloak, though her elegant form was still visible.

In a low voice, the woman asked, "Are you sure Noir is here?"

The spy nodded confidently, "Absolutely. They must be here for that Devil Fruit."

The woman thought for a moment and then instructed, "Keep a distant watch on them. If possible, lend a hand. It might open up a chance for a conversation."

Another member of their group voiced concern, "But Noir's reputation for brutality... What if he turns on us?"

The woman shook her head, "Don't worry, I have a plan."