Chapter 93: Florian Triangle

A seemingly casual remark felt filled with murderous intent in Lucci's ears.

Lucci, on guard, looked at Noir and asked, "Why are you interested in us?"

Noir chuckled softly and replied, "I admire your philosophy."

Lucci was taken aback. The philosophy he adhered to was dark justice, believing that the weak are inherently guilty and that necessary evil is used to achieve peace.

Noir gently persuaded, "Your kind of justice won't have a place in the government."

"In their eyes, you're just one of the weak sinners. They might tolerate minor actions, but they'll never truly put you to good use."

This statement... was purely Noir's fabrication. In the original story, after being defeated, Lucci was hunted by the Marine but eventually returned to join CP0.

However, CP0 ultimately serves the Celestial Dragons, and Noir didn't believe that someone as proud as Lucci would be willing to serve those fools.

Noir knew that the government would eventually reuse Lucci, but Lucci didn't realize this.

Strangely enough, Noir's words did cause Lucci to waver.

At this moment, Jabra spat angrily and shouted, "Stop pretending to be a good person! If it weren't for you, we wouldn't be in this mess!"

Noir sneered and shook his head. Enel couldn't help but retort, "If you hadn't targeted us first, I wouldn't have even bothered to look at you!"

Jabra bared his teeth and was about to lunge at Enel for a life-and-death fight, but Lucci stopped him.

Lucci coldly said, "The failure of the mission is our responsibility."

"Being weak and failing, do you really want to blame your opponent for not killing?"

Jabra swallowed his curse and reluctantly stepped back.

After some thought, Lucci turned to Noir and said, "If my justice cannot be carried out within the government, can it be done with you?"

Noir smiled lightly and said, "Do you really have any other options?"

Lucci was unsure about his future and was indeed troubled by the current situation.

The government had abandoned him; was he supposed to become a pirate?

Noir speculated that Lucci returned to CP0 in the future due to the aftermath of the war at Marineford.

After Whitebeard's death, the rampant piracy, the loss of talent and internal strife after the battle between Aokiji and Akainu, all these factors might have forced the government to recall the disgraced Lucci.

Using his foresight, Noir believed that recruiting Lucci was a feasible plan.

Seeing Lucci still hesitating, Noir decided to speak more directly, "Then why don't you work for me for now? If you ever want to leave, just let me know, and I won't stop you."

Hearing this, Lucci looked at his companions.

The former members of CP9 all gave Lucci a look, indicating that they would follow his lead.

Finally, Lucci nodded and agreed, "Deal."

Noir smiled approvingly and said, "That's more like it, but let me be clear."

"You can choose to leave in the future, but if you betray me while you're with me, I'll take your lives back!"

Lucci nodded silently, and the rest of CP9 also lowered their heads.