Chapter 47 : Inviting Robin

Don't Forget to Review!!

On the gently breezing deck, a handsome man and a beautiful woman stood gazing at each other in the twilight, seeming to make a rather fitting couple.

Unbeknownst to anyone, Robin inwardly wished she could stab Noir with a knife.

After many years of lurking in the dark world, she had long since developed a cold and hard heart.

But never before had she felt such a strong urge to kill as she did today.

Robin couldn't understand why a man she had just met could reveal all of her personal information.

To her, the best way to protect herself was to eliminate the person who knew her secrets.

Seeing the growing wariness in Robin's eyes, Noir sighed and said with a wry smile, "Stop staring. You can't kill me."

Of course, she knew she couldn't handle Noir.

If she could, she would have killed him already for her own safety.

Robin smiled again, but this time her smile was unfamiliar and hostile.

She said quietly, "You know so much, you must have an ulterior motive."

"Why are you looking for Crocodile? Or... are you looking for me?"

Facing Robin's probing, Noir said bluntly, "There's no need for pretense. I'm here for you."

"But don't worry. I know you can read ancient texts, but I have no interest in them."

Noir was telling the truth; he had no curiosity about the poneglyphs or the hundred years of lost history.

Apart from the World Government, only conspirators and ambitious people cared about Robin's identity.

But Robin did not believe him.

Having experienced countless betrayals and counter-betrayals, Robin would never believe Noir's empty words.

But she did not show her doubts. Instead, she feigned confusion and asked, "If it's not for that, then what is it?"

Noir straightened, looked into Robin's beautiful eyes and said, "I want you to be my mate.

Looking into his inky black eyes, Robin was surprised to see his sincerity.

... And gentleness?

For some reason, Robin began to believe him a little. Hesitantly, she asked, "What's in it for you? What do I get out of it?"

"You should know that I'm very safe hiding under Crocodile's protection."

Noir shook his head and said, "It's not your own safety you care about."

"You're working with Crocodile because he's also looking for a Poneglyph, and your goals happen to coincide."

Hearing that, Robin fell silent. In a way, Noir was right.

Though she could hide under the title of Shichibukai, Robin's special identity would eventually be discovered by someone.

Even without the Shichibukai, Robin had evaded capture for so many years, and the sea was vast.

As long as she didn't want to be caught, it was difficult for anyone to catch her.

She followed Crocodile because she knew there was a poneglyph in Alabasta.

This was the closest Robin had come to the poneglyphs in so many years!

This place could be considered her last hope to realize her dream.