Chapter 68: God's Punishment

Conis helped her father to his feet, while Pagaya rubbed his head and laughed, "Ah... Waver is quite difficult to steer."

Robin helped the fallen Waver up, examining it as she said, "Is this Waver? I think I read about it in a book—a ship that can sail without wind..."

Noir walked over to her side and reminded her, "Was it a book written by someone named Noland?"

Robin's eyes lit up, and she immediately recalled some information from the vast sea of books in her mind.

"The Great Liar Noland, so he was telling the truth?" Robin crossed her arms and pondered, "So the City of Gold truly exists?"

Noir was astonished. You know about this too?

Well, considering the number of books Robin had read, it was probably much more than Noir's study materials. It couldn't be judged solely by the original work's portrayal.

Pagaya, helped by his daughter, noticed Noir and said, "So we have guests?"

Conis quickly introduced, "Father, they are from the Blue Sea, Noir and Robin."

The sky islanders seemed very hospitable. Pagaya warmly said, "Since you've come to the sky island, take a good look around. It's been a long time since we've had visitors."

Pagaya lifted Waver and led the way, while Conis and Robin chatted, and Noir looked around, feeling bored.

The father and daughter led them up a soft cloud staircase, with many large clouds formed beside them along the way.

Pagaya explained to Noir, "That's the cloud-processing factory, where island clouds are made."

"There are three types of clouds on the sky island: sea clouds, which you sailed on; island clouds, which we are walking on; and processing clouds, which can be used to make furniture or building materials."

Noir listened attentively, feeling that this immersive experience was quite different from the two-dimensional world and very impactful.

Seeing Noir's interest, Pagaya enthusiastically continued, "The part of the sky island we live on is called Angel Island. The edge of the island is Angel Beach, where we just came from."

"My house is just a little further along this Lovely Road."

"Further along Lovely Road is the busiest street on Angel Island, Lovely Street."

Talking about Lovely Street made Pagaya's eyes sparkle. "Lovely Street is so much fun. When it gets lively, there are beautiful girls in miniskirts, bikini beauties, innocent girls, passionate young women..."

Noir listened more attentively, pondering deeply and feeling touched. This old man understands me...

How could he waste the old man's kind intentions? He must experience the local customs of Lovely Street.

This would make the sky island trip worthwhile!

The two women beside them looked speechlessly at the old man and the young man lost in their thoughts.

Robin, exasperated, thought, How did this guy get so absorbed so quickly?

Conis awkwardly said, "Don't mind him. My father is a bit scatterbrained sometimes."

Then Conis casually asked, "Robin, are you pirates?"

Robin shook her head. "No."

Conis, puzzled, asked, "Then why did you come to the sky island? Usually, only pirates come here for the gold."

Robin opened her mouth to explain, but after thinking carefully, she found it difficult to define their group.

They weren't exactly a pirate crew, as Noir was a Bounty Hunter.

They weren't a proper adventure group either, since she was a wanted criminal.

While Robin was conflicted, Noir, with his extensive experience on the sea, didn't worry much about bounties and identities.

After all, having sailed for so long, Noir understood that the further one went, the more inevitable it was to commit sins, regardless of one's nature.

In other words, there were no purely good or evil people among the strong on the sea.

Considering Noir's personality, who knew when he might be wanted by the World Government.

Oh, right...

Maybe killing Wapol would earn him a bounty.

After thinking for a moment, Robin hesitantly said, "We might be a... tourist!"

Conis: Huh?

During their chat, Conis welcomed Noir and Robin to her home.

The hospitable father and daughter busied themselves in the kitchen, bringing out several dishes. Noir looked at the food with a strange expression.

Hmm—

The meat was definitely meat, but he couldn't tell what animal it was.

The vegetables were also vegetables, but why were they so varied?

Noir took a big bite of rice, and his eyes lit up.

Delicious!

Although he had master-level cooking skills, he had tried few dishes and lacked practical experience.

He could definitely make such flavors himself, but achieving this level was quite impressive.

As he devoured the food, Noir asked Pagaya, "Uncle, this food is amazing. Did you make it?"

Pagaya shook his head proudly and said, "My daughter Conis made it. She's the most beautiful on Angel Island!"

Conis blushed and smiled, while Noir's eyes suddenly brightened.

According to the original story, this girl was indeed a gentle and beautiful maiden, though a minor character.

Moreover, she was a musician and a good cook who ate little. a perfect, cost-effective addition to the crew...

Oh, I mean, where else could he find such an excellent crew member?

While Noir was considering inviting her aboard, Robin asked another question, "Conis, is there no ruler on the sky island?"

Hearing this, Conis looked somewhat uneasy, and even the usually cheerful Pagaya seemed nervous.

Conis whispered, "The ruler of the sky island is the 'God' Enel, who has Mighty powers."

"The God can hear people's conversations on the sky island and can punish anyone hiding in any corner at any time."

Robin, unfazed, replied, "Is he that powerful?"

Conis nodded vigorously, "The God also has four priests under him, who are also strong enforcers of the sky island's laws."

Robin looked at Noir, who swallowed his food and said, "Observation Haki and Devil Fruit powers, not a big deal."

Robin nodded, having full confidence in Noir's strength.

If Noir could easily defeat one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea, Crocodile, could he not take on the ruler of a sky island?

Noir's bright eyes turned to Conis as he asked, "Where is this God? I'd like to see who really holds God's power!"

...

Support me to write More and read 16 Chapters Ahead of Others!!

https://p@treon.com/dragonnx

[Replace '@' with 'a' to access Patreon Normally]