Chapter 72: The Priests' Annihilation

Aisa looked at Noir in awe but soon sensed a battle happening nearby.

Noir chuckled and said, "It seems the priests have all come out. Are your people fighting them?"

Aisa nodded and said worriedly, "It's our guerrilla fighters. They plan to attack the priests."

"But the remaining two priests, Shura and Ohm, are the strongest among them."

Noir scoffed and said, "Strongest among weaklings is still weak."

Aisa looked at Noir, her eyes pleading, and said, "Big brother, can you help them? It's too dangerous for them to fight the priests."

Noir smiled and said, "Of course, because I'm looking for someone among the Shandians to join us."

With that, Noir picked up little Aisa. Robin followed closely behind, and they swiftly moved through the trees towards the battle.

With their speed, they soon arrived at the battlefield where the priests and the guerrilla fighters were fighting.

The situation was almost one-sided.

The priests, though few in number, held the advantage.

The Shandian guerrilla fighters had many fallen comrades.

The most notable figure on the battlefield was the Shandians' strongest warrior, known as the "Berserker" Wyper.

He was wielding the same Burn Bazooka he had when he met Noir, his Jet Dials creaking under his feet.

His face, as always, was grim and fierce, living up to his title.

Noir's eyes lit up when he saw him.

This was his first candidate for a crewmate, and sure enough, he was here!

Priests Shura and Ohm were warily watching Wyper. The other guerrilla fighters were not a concern, but this Berserker was different.

He seemed to have undergone some special training. His fighting style resembled that of a wild beast, acting purely on instinct, making it difficult for their Mantra to predict his moves.

More frightening was his intense fighting spirit. He alone was almost able to hold off the two priests.

The priests' attacks landed on him, but Wyper didn't make a sound. He repeatedly exchanged blows, willing to get injured just to harm the priests.

Because of this, even though all three were similarly wounded, Wyper's momentum was stronger.

Noir admired, "As expected of someone I have my eye on. Strong will and good talent."

Robin watched Wyper and nodded, saying, "He's like someone born to fight."

Priest Shura's eyes narrowed as he looked towards Noir's group and shouted, "Who's there? Come out!"

The answer came in the form of a sharp, dark blade strike.

The flying slash seemed to disappear into thin air, reappearing only when it slashed across Shura, causing blood to splatter.

A ghastly wound appeared on Shura's chest, twisting his ugly features. He spat out blood.

"Why... Mantra didn't detect your attack..."

Shura, eyes red, propped himself up with his flaming spear, unwilling to accept defeat.

Noir, holding his sword, Demon Blade, approached with seemingly light steps that sounded like death knells to those present.

With the blood staining it, Demon Blade patterns glowed slightly. Noir looked down at Shura and said, "Mantra? You think I can't use that?"

"Nonsense! This is a power bestowed by God! How could you have it?" Shura screamed, charging madly.

Mounting a red bird, Shura thrust his flaming spear desperately.

However, as the spear pierced Noir's body, everyone was stunned.

Ohm muttered in disbelief, "How is this possible..."

Wyper, with a serious expression, said, "A troublesome guy."

The flaming spear shattered the fiery body, and Noir's smile appeared in Shura's terrified eyes.

"Unable to hit a physical body. This must be what you consider godly power, right?"

With that, Noir's body turned to flames, surrounding and burning Shura, his screams echoing through the forest.

Noir lifted his hand, tossing aside the charred Shura, and turned to the last priest standing.

"And you, do you want to play too?"

Ohm's face changed multiple times, then he bent down, seeming to prepare to draw his sword.

Just as Noir thought he was going to fight, Ohm turned and ran without looking back.

Noir despised their lack of courage.

They acted all godly but ran faster than anyone when outmatched.

Noir wanted to finish him off, but at that moment, a thick bolt of lightning gathered in the clouds above.

The blue lightning, charged with energy, struck down like God punishment.

Its target was the fleeing Ohm!

Ohm, face ashen, looked at the descending lightning and screamed, "No! God..."

With a loud explosion, his charred body lay still.

Then, another massive bolt of lightning struck down towards Noir and Wyper.

The Shandians stood frozen in fear, and even Wyper felt some panic.

Only Noir looked at the descending lightning with disdain.

"Enel, you think too highly of yourself..."

Noir shielded Robin and told the guerrilla fighters, "Stay here and don't move."

He raised his hands, and a thick black-purple aura erupted from his body, his Busoshoku Haki spreading out.

With his talent, Noir could now project his Busoshoku Haki, albeit with some difficulty, but it was enough to block elemental attacks.

The thunder roared over them, its might shaking all of Upper Yard.

But when the dust settled, everyone emerged unscathed, their expressions filled with disbelief.

Wyper, looking at Noir's black-glowing arms, was filled with admiration. His blood boiled with excitement at this power.

Noir, his arms slightly numb, withdrew his hands. The power of the Rumble-Rumble Fruit was formidable!

His own abilities, fire against lightning, sand against lightning, weren't the best defenses. He had to use Haki to protect everyone.

A female warrior next to Wyper noticed Aisa by Robin's side and exclaimed, "Aisa! You snuck out again!"

Aisa, seeing her trusted big sister, ran over and said, "Raki, Look, I got a bag of Vearth!"

Wyper's eyes turned cold. He knocked the bag out of her hands and scolded, "Fool! Who told you to come here! Aren't you afraid of dying?!"