Chapter 62: Hawkeye's Talent

Hawkeye Mihawk looked up in confusion at Noir, who was shouting from his ship.

"are we familiar?" he thought.

However, when he saw the sword at Noir's waist, Mihawk understood a bit.

"A swordsman, another guy who dreams of challenging me for glory," he mused, feeling a sense of disinterest at the sight of the young swordsman. Mihawk had just returned from the New World, where he had sought a spar with an old rival. To his frustration, his rival, a fellow swordsman, had lost an arm and claimed to have bet it on the new era. Not wanting to take advantage of his old friend, Mihawk refrained from fighting him, which left him feeling quite itchy for a good match.

"Wait a moment! I want to challenge you!"

Noir stood on his ship, looking at Mihawk. Instantly, the system detected all of Mihawk's information.

Name: Mihawk

World's Greatest Swordsman: Golden Talent. Swordsmanship talent that crushes peers, increases the momentum of sword techniques, enhances destructive power, adds 20% penetration when fighting any swordsman, and halves the time required to perform sword techniques.

Supreme Sword Heart: Golden Talent. Possesses a pure heart in pursuit of supreme swordsmanship. Can copy any level of strong swordsman's techniques through simple observation. Sword energy contains special power; the more wounds inflicted by the sword energy, the higher the damage.

Cold Exterior, Warm Interior: Blue Quality. Eccentric personality. The longer the time spent together, the faster the increase in the other party's favorability.

The World's Greatest Swordsman, Hawkeye Mihawk!

When Noir saw the two golden talents, he was almost driven crazy with greed. One of his biggest goals in practicing swordsmanship and going to sea was to copy Mihawk's talents. Meeting Mihawk today was incredibly fortunate. Seeing those talents, they were indeed well-deserved.

"I want both of those golden talents!" Noir thought.

As for that blue talent, what was that about? Was Hawkeye actually a warm-hearted person? Noir wondered, looking at Mihawk. It didn't seem that way.

Despite Noir's enthusiasm and eagerness, Mihawk didn't seem very interested. He frowned, his hawk-like eyes fixed on Noir, and said, "A young lad like you wants to step on me to gain fame?"

Noir, stepping on the railing and looking at Mihawk like a rare treasure, said, "Gaining fame doesn't matter. I just want to learn your swordsmanship."

Well... to learn his talents, actually.

Mihawk, absentmindedly observing Noir, thought that if not for the boy's politeness, he would have already sliced the ship in half.

Since he was idle, Mihawk stood up without drawing his sword and said indifferently, "Go ahead, show me your spirit."

Damn, he's so arrogant, Noir thought, almost blinded by Mihawk's aura.

As fellow Shichibukai, why did Mihawk's aura seem so much higher than Crocodile's?

Standing on his ship, Noir collected himself, placing his hand on the hilt of his sword. Robin, holding her book, stepped back a few paces, looking at Noir with concern.

After a brief charge, Noir drew his sword and unleashed a fierce blue-silver sword energy, cutting through the sea waves towards Mihawk.

Mihawk's golden eyes narrowed sharply. With foresight, he slightly shifted his body, and the sword energy brushed past him, flying into the sea, causing a powerful impact that created a vortex.

Seeing the trace left by Noir's sword energy, Mihawk's calm heart finally stirred slightly. Impressive swordsmanship, and with Haki as well. This could be interesting, he thought.

Becoming interested, Mihawk pointed to the side and said, "I just came from there. There's a deserted island. Let's fight there."

Noir, craving those talents, laughed and agreed, "Sure."

They sailed to the deserted island, with Robin staying on the shore. She couldn't understand why these men always suddenly started fighting. And after either winning or losing, they would get so excited?

Noir and Mihawk stood on the ground, ready. Noir drew his sword, and Mihawk lifted his supreme-grade sword from his back.

Looking at Mihawk's black sword Yoru and then at his own good sword, Noir gasped, falling silent.

However, Mihawk did not hold back due to the difference in their weapons. Holding Yoru with one hand, he moved like a phantom, enveloped in dark green sword light.

Noir used Armament Haki to counter the attack. Although Yoru was huge, in Mihawk's hands, it moved with the agility of a dagger, creating a seamless and relentless assault.

Noir was immediately put on the defensive, barely able to block the attacks. Facing the World's Greatest Swordsman at full power, he quickly found himself in trouble.

He didn't want to use his Devil Fruit abilities as this was a great opportunity to refine his swordsmanship, his most glaring shortcoming.

Although he couldn't match Mihawk's swordsmanship or Crocodile's Devil Fruit mastery, he could hold his own against any Shichibukai-level opponent by combining the two. With great talents, one had to use and train them properly, and Noir didn't want to waste his.

As they fought fiercely, Mihawk seemed to intentionally refrain from using killing moves, almost as if he was feeding moves to Noir.

Amid the clashing of swords, Noir's mind sank into the essence of the two powerful blades. He could feel their pride and fighting spirit.

Gradually, his mind cleared, and his eyes lit up. He swiftly drew his sword, shouting, "Nine-Headed Dragon Flash!"

The incredibly fast sword light left afterimages in the air! Mihawk's eyes sharpened, his sword light enveloping his body as he countered with equally fast strikes.

Nine swords struck from different directions at high speed, Mihawk's successive counters filled with unseen dangers.

Breathing heavily, Noir launched another Nine-Headed Dragon Flash with great effort. Mihawk's golden hawk eyes seemed to pierce everything, swiftly countering with the same Nine-Headed Dragon Flash!

Amidst the violent clash of sword energies, the small deserted island became a mess.

The two fighters stopped, with Noir adjusting his chaotic breathing and watching Mihawk intently.

The "World's Greatest Swordsman" talent gave Mihawk immense striking power against swordsmen. "Supreme Sword Heart" allowed him to instantly see through and copy Noir's moves.

These two talents were incredible, and Noir was determined to get them.

Mihawk sheathed his black sword, giving a nod of appreciation to the young man. With such strong swordsmanship, he would be a good opponent in the future.

...

Support me to write More and read 16 Chapters Ahead of Others!!

https://p@treon.com/dragonnx

[Replace '@' with 'a' to access Patreon Normally]