Chapter 73: Recruiting Wyper

Aisa dropped the dirt she was holding, glaring angrily at Wyper. "I'm not afraid! I'm a Shandia warrior too!"

Wyper grabbed Aisa by the collar, lifting her off the ground as he glared at her. "Are there no more Shandians? Do we need a kid like you?"

Aisa kicked her legs, her eyes welling up with tears as she protested, "I am useful..."

Wyper threw the small Aisa to the ground and kicked her dirt-filled bag aside, his tone icy. "Useful for what? Stealing this Vearth? Only to get killed by the priests?"

Aisa glared at Wyper before quickly standing up and running away, wiping her tears.

Raki looked at Aisa, then at her comrade Wyper, sighing helplessly before chasing after Aisa.

Wyper waved his hand impatiently, instructing his team, "Take a break. I'll give further orders later."

Once the team dispersed, Robin's sultry voice broke the silence, "So harsh..."

Noir nodded in agreement. "She's just a child. No need to be so harsh even if she made a mistake."

Wyper, with his back to the two, replied, "Shut up."

As he spoke, Wyper used his body to shield the team's view as he picked up Aisa's bag. He then began refilling it with dirt.

Noir raised an eyebrow as Wyper resolutely said, "The homeland of the Shandians must be reclaimed with our blood and lives. If there are to be sacrifices, it should be us."

"Aisa, that little kid, should just live a safe and boring life!"

Noir chuckled, while Robin remarked, "He's quite a complicated person."

Wyper looked up at the massive giant vine spiraling into the sky, his fierce face filled with determination. "Once we defeat Enel, do you think Aisa will still care about such a small bag of Vearth?"

He looked directly at Noir, serious. "Thank you for protecting Aisa and my team..."

"No, I didn't..."

Noir started to respond politely, but Wyper cut him off abruptly, "But this island is our home. You are a benefactor, and the Shandians will never offend you. But please leave as soon as possible."

"We are going to fight Enel to the death here. We don't want to involve you."

Noir looked at Wyper, speechless. "Why are you so blunt?"

"Besides, you can't defeat Enel on your own."

Robin sighed, covering her forehead with her hand. "You're not much better at talking than he is."

Wyper didn't get angry at Noir's words, surprising him. "The four priests are dead. This is our best chance."

"We have no retreat."

Noir thought for a moment before suggesting, "Actually, we can work together."

Wyper promptly refused, "No need. You've already helped me enough."

Noir shook his hand dismissively. "Don't be so quick to refuse. I'm not helping you for free. I want something in return."

"If you're willing to sacrifice yourself to reclaim your homeland, would you be willing to trade your life for a powerful ally if you fail to defeat Enel?"

Such straightforward and crude words resonated with Wyper.

He looked at Noir, asking, "What do you mean? Do you want my life?"

Noir patted his shoulder. "If I help you defeat Enel and you can't, then you'll owe me your life. You'll join me and serve under me in the Blue Sea."

Wyper considered the offer carefully, staring into Noir's eyes.

"Don't you want to ensure this operation's success?" Noir added, breaking Wyper's defenses.

For the future of the Shandians, his own life was inconsequential.

Even though Wyper was reluctant to trust outsiders, witnessing Enel's God-Like attack earlier had shaken him. Not because he feared death, but because he feared losing his comrades.

Wyper extended his hand, his voice cold, "Deal."

Noir, accustomed to Wyper's stern demeanor, bumped fists with him.

With Wyper and Conis on board, the only challenge left was Enel.

Recruiting Enel would be straightforward: defeat him and drag him along. Noir wasn't interested in negotiating with him.

Noir and Wyper's agreement led to Noir naturally joining their guerrilla group.

Robin quickly bonded with Raki and the other female warriors, managing to soothe Aisa's hurt feelings.

However, the little girl might hold a grudge against Wyper for a few days for scolding her.

Noir and Wyper walked at the front of the group. Having fought together once, Wyper respected Noir's combat prowess.

Curious about many things, Wyper asked Noir about his and Enel's Devil Fruits and Haki.

Wyper wasn't very interested in Kenbunshoku Haki but seemed quite taken with Busoshoku Haki.

Especially when he learned that Busoshoku Haki could hit Devil Fruit users, his eyes lit up.

With this ability, fighting Enel wouldn't be so daunting.

Answering Wyper's questions, Noir didn't hold back, offering some guidance.

After all, Wyper was his future crew member and not an outsider.

There was no concern about Wyper breaking his promise.

Wyper had proudly claimed to inherit the will of his ancestor, the great warrior Kalgara, and valued every promise.

Although Noir couldn't remember who Kalgara was, Wyper's character reassured him.

Enel seemed content to maintain his façade, remaining in his sky palace, waiting for challengers.

The guerrilla group encountered many of Enel's soldiers along the way, but they all ended up as cannon fodder.

After a long journey, Noir and his group finally arrived at the ancient ruins beneath the giant vine.

"This is Shandora?" Noir marveled at the grand ruins.

Wyper nodded, a rare smile appearing on his resolute face. "This is our ancestors' home..."

Noir examined the ruins, thinking of Robin. She would undoubtedly be interested in this place.

He remembered that Shandora's Golden Bell contained an ancient Poneglyph.

As expected, Robin paused, her eyes filled with hope as she looked at Noir.

Noir nodded. "Stay here for a while. I'll come for you after I deal with things."

Wyper quickly added, "I'll have Raki stay with you, and Aisa too."

Noir, understanding Wyper's concern for the little girl's safety, agreed.

With preparations complete, the group climbed the vine towards Enel's palace.

...

Support me to write More and read 16 Chapters Ahead of Others!!

https://p@treon.com/dragonnx

[Replace '@' with 'a' to access Patreon Normally]