Chapter 5

I was currently in my room getting ready for the gala. My parents are not going because they are meeting with some people in a restaurant, so I will be alone with Lucca.
I finished curling my long black hair into big loose curls and finished my makeup by applying red lipstick. I looked at the time then Rona came to help me put my dress on.

Rona has been workin for us for years now. Sandra was just 2. But she will stop working for us soon. She is turning 65 in a couple of months and my dad thinks it will be better for her to just stop working and focus on her family and grandchildren.

Then I put my earrings on. Then I went to look at myself in the big mirror.

"You look gorgeous honey". Rona said kissing my cheek.

"Thank you Rona". I said smiling at her. I wish Sandra was here. I know how much she loves that kind of party.

Just then the door bell ringed. I sighed.

"Must be him. Come on". She said heading to the door.

"Okay okay. Give me a second". I sighed again as she leaves the room.
I looked at my reflection. "Courage" I whispered to myself.

I left my room nervous then headed down the stairs. Will he like my dress? Oh my god, why am I so nervous with him?

I went into the living to see him in front of the big glass doors looking at the garden. I could only see his back. He didn't see me so I don't know what to do?

I cleared my throat and he turned around.

He was looking really good in his blacktuxedo. How can he be so handsome? I just want to run into his arms right now. I cleared my mind and looked at him.

"You look wonderful Sarah". He said walking toward me smirking. He grabbed my waist with one arm then pull me closer to him.
He looked into my eyes ruining his knuckles down my cheek softly. Then his eyes moved to my red painted lips.

"You don't know how bad I want to kiss you". He said looking into my eyes then at my lips again and pulling me even closer.

Can I die right now?

No?

Okay.

"Come on. Lets go" He said releasing me and putting his hand on my lower back as we went to the car.

The drive was silent. I lowered my gaze to my enguagement ring. Miranda gave it to me 2 days ago but it was Lucca who bought it.
It was a big diamond ring. It was beautiful. But I was still disappointed it wasn't for love.

"You know, our marriage was maybe arranged but don't think it doesn't mean anything. Like I said before I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to marry you because I am a man and I have already been married." He said as I sat there shocked.

He has already been married? To who? Why aren't they together anymore.

"And because this is an arranged marriage won't be a reason for me to cheat on you" He said looking into my eyes. "Adultery will never be part of mistakes I will make".

I looked at him and nodded smiling at him. He smiles back.
Oh my god, he smiled. A real smile.

I took his hand in mine squeezing it lightly and smiled at him.

"Then that makes the two of us". I smiled at him again as the car stops.

He got out and took my hand as we made our way inside. He wrap his arm around my waist and pull me closer.

"Lombardi!". Someone said loudly.
We turned around to see a man around his forties with a girl who looks like she's wearing a mask due to her very heavy makeup.
She was wearing a dress that doesn't cover much. They walk up to us.

"Jones". Lucca greeted him shaking his hand. His cold stare was now back and he was only showing his intimidating aspect.
Jones just nodded and his eyes landed on me as he looked at me with admiration.

"And who is this beautiful lady". He said still looking at me as Lucca's hold on my waist tightened.

"This is Sarah Dantes, my soon to be wife". Lucca said with a hard tone.

The girl with Jones didn't seem to like it since I could feel her glaring. But I don't care. I don't even know her.

"Well nice to meet you Sarah and congratulations". He said looking at Lucca again as he tensed. He looked intimidated by Lucca.
I looked at Lucca who had his perfect jaw clenched.

"If you would excuse us. I would like to show Suarez's paintings to my fiancee". He nodded his head and started walking without waiting for an answer from Jones.

Well rude much?

We went into a big room where many paintings and pictures were. There was some people here. Some looked at us with shocked faces.
Some women were gawking at Lucca or throwing looks my way. I just ignored them all.

The paintings were all so beautiful. I looked at them in aw.
I saw a picture of the Taj mahal. I gasped and went it, unconsciously leaving Lucca behind.
I always wanted to go to india just to see it. I then felt Lucca standing close behind me.

"Do you like it?" He asked as I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

"I love it. This place is beautiful". I sighed looking at it again. It looks so unreal.

"Have you ever been there?" He asked as I could feel his arms wrapping around my waist.

"No. But I hope I would get the chance to. I love this place". I said as he moved next to me. He kissed my cheek.

"Come on. We should join our table now". He said as I nodded.

"Lucca". Someone called. Lucca tensed beside me.
I turned around to see a beautiful woman with blond hair and Hazel eyes. She was wearing a blue satin dress. She was beautiful.
She looked at me with a cold stare and I stared right back her, not one bit intimidated by her.

"Who are you?" She asked looking at me. I was about to answer when Lucca interrupted me.

"She doesn't need to answer your question. Now if you would excuse me. We would like to go to our table". He said turning around. Who is this woman?

"Don't think that I didn't see the enguagement ring and everyone talking about Lucca Lombardi's Fiancee". She snapped getting closer.
"This is how I'm greeted. You got over me pretty fast". She said looking at my confused face and back at Lucca with a smirk.
"After all we have been married for 5 years" She said looking at me again.
Realisation hit me as I looked at Lucca who had his jaw locked and was looking hardly at his ex wife.