Chapter 34

Karma and Evelyn laid on the side of each other, while searching up Elize on the laptop.

     "Karma, we searched her up, now can I go to sleep?"

"Yeah sure," she said unfazed.They spent the hour searching up Elize and everything that was connected to her on the internet. By the time they started and saw the first picture of her they immediately noticed that she looked completely different from the beginning. She looked like a child, but the Elize they knew now looked and was a grown woman, who now had her family.

They looked through all the websites and everyone said the same thing, that Elize disappeared off the map and went into hiding. Then all of the news about tax dollars were involved but the girls didn't care about that. They wanted to know what Elize went through.

They didn't want any of the money that she owned. That would be crazy in their part and whoever thought that was bullshit. But what they did want was for their best friend and her family to be safe.

But to be honest, they were scared.

After she told them the truth (she didn't have to, but she did and that meant she trusted them), they were tied to her now. Any threat to her was a threat to them. Anyone that came to them from the U.S asking about her was trouble for them and mostly her.

     Of course they would fight in her defense, because she trusted them and hey would never break that trust and they would do everything in their power to keep her and her family and their family and themselves, safe. They knew safety all too well; and they knew death as well.

Both of them had someone close to them died at the same time. That's what brought these two best friends together actually. They met later on after the events but they went through the pain together and came out as best friends...forever. That's why they were also drawn to Elize. She came out so much stronger than them from the lost. She was true survivor. Something they now shared in common.

Karma closed the laptop and sighed, looking over to Evelyn, who slept on her side of the queen size bed. She pushed the thick comforter over and got out of the bed, wrapping her robe around her and hugging herself. She blew into her hands and went to go sit by the window seat. She grabbed her phone before going. She sat with her knees to her chest and stared at her phone, wondering if she should call her. She sighed and pressed her number, putting the phone on speaker.

It rang. And rang. And rang. And rang.

"Hello," someone said sleepily.

"Baby who is it?" Karma heard and smiled. Their relationship is what she wanted. Not lesbian, but someone to fall head over heels for her.

"Karma it's 1 o'clock in the morning. May I ask why you're calling?"

"Can't I call my best friend?" She chuckled softly.

"Not at 1 in the morning,"

"Karma fuck off please," Nicki whined. She turned from Elize and curled herself into a comma.

"Look what you did, now she doesn't want to spoon anymore," Elize groaned. She got out of the bed, grabbing Nicki's robe off the dresser. She pulled it on and tied it, going out of the room.

"What do you want at 1 in the morning person?" She asked again, going in to the twins' room. She entered, seeing the night light illuminating the room. She walked to them, seeing both of them sleeping together. Both of them slept side by side, facing each other with a thumb in their mouths.