Chapter 51

Nicki and Elize walked to their threshold and looked at each other. It was almost the New Year, well, in exactly half an hour. They would've been home an hour ago, but Customs really was a bitch. Nicki opened the door and let Bella in.

"Did you enjoy your honeymoon?" Elize asked, fixing her hands in her pocket, looking down. Nicki looked back her and smiled demurely. She lifted her head and held her face. She kissed her softly and then tilting her head, making the kiss deeper. She came a part

"Paris, Champagne, a new dog and all the love making we could do. I did enjoy it, my love," she pulled her closer, chest to chest.

"A puppy!" They heard Jo squealed. They laughed and came inside the house.

"Ladies we're home!" Nicki called out with her arms still around Elize's neck. Theresa came downstairs and marveled at her best friends.

"My, my, we are glowing!" She chuckled, hugging them.

"You got a French dog, that's bitchin!" Jo lifted up the puppy and snuggled her in her arms.

"Who uses 'bitchin' anymore?"

"Cool people Nicki," She came to them and they hugged her.

"Anyways it's 24 minutes to the New Year so I suggest that we get the wine and celebrate. And you can tell me all about your honeymoon. What did you do, what did you see..." Theresa went on.

"Can I invite Josh over?" Her phone was already out.

"Of course sweetie," Nicki nodded, "Theresa, we'll get there but first, if you will excuse us, we would like to see our beautiful children," she hurried off leaving behind Elize. Her footsteps hard on the wood as she climbed.

"You can tell who missed them the most," Elize laughed, following her wife. Jo was already on the phone with him, inviting him and he said he was already in his way.

/

When Dominique came into their room, she immediately went to Maria's crib cause that's where both of them would be. She sat on the little stool on the side and looked in. And she was right. Maria was cuddling Leah as she had her thumb in her mouth.
Nicki pulled the thumb out and smoothed back their twists.

"Wake them up babe," Nicki said.

"But Theresa and Jo probably had a hard time putting them to sleep,"

"Well we're here so..." Nicki shrugged. Elize started to massage her shoulders and Nicki moaned.

"You don't want me to wake them, do you?" Nicki asked.

"You could see right through my plan? Damn it," she said jokingly, "oh come on honey. Making love to ring in the New Year's..."

"We have company coming over," she whined, when Elize's hands were going down her blouse, cupping her chest. She inhaled, holding Elize's arms and rolling her hips.

"And we'll lock out door. And you know what?" Elize gathered her in her arms and went to their bedroom. Nicki laughed, throwing her head back.

"We'll make it a tradition," Elize said as she closed the door.

/

"Happy New Year Honey," Nicki smiled, climbing on top of Elize. Elize rolled her neck, smiling, and getting up to kiss her wife for the kiss. They stayed there, and in that moment, it was just the two of them.