Chapter 49

"I do," she waited for a confirmation. She looked at Jo.

     "More enthusiasm,"

      "I do!" She exclaimed.

       "Okay we're not Snow White frolicking in the forest," Jo said rolling her eyes, "Something with passion and sexiness. But also seriousness,"

       "That's a lot to consider for two simple words," the woman lowered her head in the sink to wash the conditioner out of her hair.

       "That's going to bind you and Nicki forever! You have to get it perfectly!" Jo said in accusing tone.

     "Okay ask me again," she stopped the woman so she could lift her head.

     "Do you Elize Marie-Anne Jacobs, take this woman Dominique Leah-Lee Klutz to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Elize breathed, smiling.

     "I do," and those two words she said were the right way to say it tomorrow. Jo had her mouth opened and she smirked.

     "You're good, she's good," she nodded, turning to everyone. Elize laughed and lowered her head back down.

     "So are you ready for tonight?" She asked.

     "What's tonight?"

     "Wow! I can't believe you forgot the bachelorette party," Jo shot out of her seat. Her hair dripping on the salon granite floor.

        "It's happening? I thought you were joking!"

   "Of course I wasn't joking. Nicki and I have everything planned out already,"

     "You guys are going to be at the same party,"

      Listen...I'm pretty sure Nicki doesn't want no woman dancing on me. And I especially do NOT want any woman dancing on her. She's mine and the only one dancing on her lap tonight is me and my ass," she pointed to herself. The woman who rinsed her hair laughed.

    "I need a man like you," she joked.

   "Devon seriously, Nicki and I have been together for two years now with twins, I'm not letting some stripper feel up my fiancée right in front of my face,"

     "Almost wife," Sara added, her hair was done because all she wanted was a wash and flat-ironed.

      "Even worse. We've overcome so many obstacles, I would get married right now with me looking like a wet poodle. The only reason why I'm not is because I'm giving the love of my life the wedding she deserves," Devon raised her head and the hair dryer started. The conversation ceased for a while.

/

      Nicki opened the door and pushed the stroller in, looking around for her fiancée. She took off her designer sunglasses and looked at the twins, making sure they were alright. They just fell asleep for the afternoon. Already changed and fed.

  "Baby!" Elize's ears perked and she heard her. She lifted up the dryer.

      "Dominique," she called out. Nicki looked around and saw her black heels which she traded her converse for every so often. She walked to her and Elize's eyes roamed from her feet to her head.

She saw that Nicki was wearing this black tight bodycon dress with pink stilettos and her hair neatly straighten bringing her past-shoulder length curls all the way down her back. She fox-whistled at her.