Chapter 36

"So are you girls sure you can handle them?Both of them are energetic bunnies," Elize warned them. She had been dealing with this ever since they could walk. She spent most of the day on her feet.

     Karma rolled her eyes and looked over at Evelyn.

       "They're not the speedy-like bird off that...show with the coyote." Evelyn looked over at her confused, but she brushed it off, that was typical Karma.

      "The only thing you have to worry about is getting there on time. Nicki come down here!" She walked to the stairs.

      "Alright, alright Miss Rowdy pants. I'm coming! I'm walking in heels!" The girls moved from the stairs, waiting for her presence to gracefully walk in.

      Nicki brushed her hair out of her face as she came downstairs. She held the banister and looked up, smiling. She was in a black strapless dress with tall heels. She wrapped her black scarf around her shoulders and stopped in front of the mirror to check her make-up. She stopped when she found all of the girls staring at her.

        "Too much?" she looked down at her attire. She thought she was fine. The tight dress hugged her curves, barely showing any cleavage and was all the way down to her knees so it wouldn't ride up her thighs.

       "I mean I have more conservative dresses if this one is too..like...bare. I don't want to give anyone the impression," she stammered but was silenced when Elize approached her and dipped her and kissed her senseless. The girls panicked, bumping in to each other as they left to give them privacy.

       Elize held her waist and slipped her tongue in her mouth. Nicki moaned and dropped everything in her hands, which were her purse and phone. She wrapped her arms around her neck and hoisted her leg around her waist.  Her dress rode up all the way and Elize could feel the heat, radiating from her on her thighs.

     Elize brought her back up and braced her against the wall.

      "Let's stay home," she had her hands on the sides of Nicki's head and had her body trapped. She blushed, putting her hands on Elize's hips.

      "This dinner was planned and it would be rude for us to just skip on them honey," Elize groaned, releasing her from the hold.

      "Are you guys done?" Karma questioned, peaking her head out the door. Nicki laughed and nodded. She grabbed Elize's hand and walked to them.

     "I appreciate you girls taking care of the twins. We'll pay you back somehow,"

     "I could marry you two for the wedding?" Karma teased. Nicki arched her perfect brow.

      "You wish," she said, releasing her hand to go get her coat.

       "So you have our numbers and the emergency contacts and Theresa's number and the lawyers' numbers," Elize fired off in a rush. She was anxious. She was leaving her girls with her best friends. She didn't worry about Evelyn, but Karma, yeah it was different. Nicki grabbed her fiancée's hand and opened the door.   

       "We'll be back as soon as we can!"

       "Take your time and enjoy your selves. You both deserve it," Karma waved them bye from the door and closed it. She smiled wickedly.

      "I'm going to their bedroom," she raced upstairs. Evelyn  groaned, taking the baby video monitor with her.

      "Stay out of their goddamn room!"