Chapter 24

Elize woke up. She looked around the white room and sat up. It reminded her of the hospital and that's when she started to hyperventilate. Why was she in the hospital again? Were her lawyers there? She blew once more, didn't she?

   She saw Theresa come out of no where and sat on the bed, hugging her.

"Shh, I'm here. I'm here right now," Elize breathed and hugged her back. She then felt her massive headache and held her head, cringing.

"My head hurts,"

"That's because of your fall," she reminded her. Fall? What fall?

"What fall? What happened?"

"You just took a nasty fall. You just hit your head, but nothing that'll heal,"

"Oh... well what time is it?"

"It's 9 in the night. You've been sleeping for... Well less than 12 hours," her mind was still there rattling. There was something important that was happening, but she couldn't remember. She couldn't put on her finger on it.

"And you have some people waiting on you though,"

"Really? Evelyn...Karma,"

"Not exactly..." Elize thought of who she was talking about . She bent her head in shame.

"Tony..." She hoped it wasn't them but it was. She couldn't believe she failed to do what she was suppose to. She was suppose to stay out of problem and keep them in New York. To make them proud. She failed. Theresa moved the sheets to help her out of the bed and held her up. She converted her wires and led Elize upstairs.

"No...they've been waiting on you for so many hours and now that you're awake, they can see you,"

Theresa stopped by the door marked DK and EJ. She opened the door. She glanced a bit but then stared at them.

She was sitting on the bed with the twins in incubators in front of her. And her face was already streaked with motherhood.

Dominique.

Elize remembered now. It was her family and she started crying. Dominique smiled at her and then looked at her girls.

"Come in Mommy," she said. Elize stepped in slowly with awe. She thought Dominique was... Never mind. What mattered was that she was there with their children. Theresa closed the door behind her, but before, locking it.

Dominique watched her every step and Elize felt shy under her gaze. She came and sat on the bed then looked at all three of them. She didn't care right now if Tony DNA was there mixed with her love's but even then, the twins looked exactly like Nicki.

"I want you to meet our little girls," A moment of silence past through the air.

"You can't hold them cause they're premature so... But you can like, put your hand in this hole!" She pointed on the sides. She nodded, going to put her hand inside, but Nicki stopped her.

"Wait...are your hands clean?" Elize looked at her worried and looked down at her palms.

"Um... I don't--"

"I'm just kidding. It's some kind of rule the nurses have, but who cares," she wanted to lighten the situation a bit. Elize put her hand in the hole and stroked one of the twin's abdomen.