Chapter 46

"Please just kill me!" He shouted. Jo smiled and shook her head.

       "No," she laughed pressing the cigarette bud in his gun wound.

     Jo snapped out of her daze and looked at Elize sleeping next to Nicki in the bed. She was such a hopeless romantic.  She herself closed her eyes and leaned her head on Sara's, who was gazing at Elize too. They had been there for 30 minutes, just watching them sleep and enjoying the silence. The torturing hadn't taken its toll yet on them. It never will. The guilt was no where to be found. Both of them were at peace.

        Elize started to stir and automatically when she woke up, she looked at Nicki. Hoping she would be awake was her wish since the first night.

       "I'll catch you sometime," she joked, kissing her lips. She lingered, whispering, "just wake up," on her lips. She sighed and looked up and saw Sara. She grinned and got up off the bed, not before checking to see if she caused anything that might be a danger to Nicki. Once nothing was, she hugged her best friend. She would always hug her every time she saw her now.

        "Monkey,"

       "Lizzie," she said softly. She caressed her head and Elize buried her face in her neck. They came apart and Elize had tears in her eyes.

       "I want to kill him Sara," her and Jo inhaled and exhaled at the same time.

       "They'll get him Elize. Don't worry. And maybe, once they do, they'll torture him and torture and torture and--"

       "What Sara is saying is that, they're going to keep him alive and not give him the satisfaction of death so soon," Jo interjected, giving her a pointed look. Sara rolled her eyes and looked down at her best friend.

       "Do you want some lunch?"

       "I'm not leaving her," she parted from her. She moved to Nicki, taking her hand in hers.

       "Of course you're not. I was asking because I'm going on a fast food run. I haven't had it in months and now is my only time to binge,"

       "Oh well...can I have a huge cup of Starbucks?"

        "Gotcha," she winked and grabbed her purse. "Jo, are you coming?" Jo looked up and narrowed her eyes and smiled.

        "Sure," she got up, grabbing her phone and giving Elize a kiss in the head.

       "Be back in less than an hour," she announced closing the door after them. Sara pulled Jo's arms, mooing quickly away from the door.

       "Jo it's been two weeks! I want to kill the son of a bitch already!" She whispered. Jo looked around and shrugged.

       "Wouldn't you say torturing him is better? I actually love seeing him so helpless...even better that he can't walk," she pressed the ground floor button for the elevator when they came in front of it.

       "I came here to kill him, not have him as a slave or doll!" The door dinged and they went in. Thankfully no one else was in there. The door closed and she turned to her.

       "I'm leaving tomorrow, do you get that! That means we have to do what we have to do and disassemble all of the weapons so I can get them in be rightful places," Jo's head hurt as they went down in the elevator.

        "Fine," she settled in her decision, "I'll kill him. I'll get the guns back to you by tonight. Maybe 11 the latest,"

       "Now I like the sound of that,"