Chapter 57

Dominique smiled down at her wife sleeping in bed, who was hugging a pillow to her body. Her hands were wrapped tightly around the top and her leg was thrown over the rest. Her head was buried in the soft cloud.

And at the right moment, whether she sensed her presence or she was dreaming about her, Elize called her name in a whisper so soft and she huddled the pillow even more closer.

Dominique sighed lovingly, her eyes tearing up because that was what she needed to hear right now. She had leave that house immediately after she ended the video call with Elize. She had to get to her. She explained to her grandmothers that she needed to be with her wife and they did not object. She was to be on the next flight.

She gathered almost all of her clothes there, right before the grandmothers said they would ship everything to her by the week's end.

It was a sad farewell. She wanted to stay. She wanted to stay! Yet, she needed to be with her wife. So...she did choose someone. She chose her wife and Clarity was perfectly fine with that.

The grandmothers and Dominique, having a little time, had a very long conversation and planned out what was going to happen over the next few months.

Clarity, a few moments before Dominique had to leave, gave her something in a black flat box.

/

'"What did you get me?" She asked dumbfounded. She opened the box and saw it was the necklace Clarity had always worn since they met each other Dominique gasped and closed the box.

"No. No! I can't take this! Nana this is..." She was giving it back to her, but Clarity clasped her wrists.

"I got this simple diamond pendant on the day of my wedding. I was 16. This is my wedding ring, and since, I never liked rings, Margo gave me this. I want you to have it, my darling. I want you to wear it," and when Nicki was going to protest, Margo called out to them.

"Don't forget mine as well!" Margo came down the stairs and walked swiftly but elegantly to her loves. She opened it and showed hers.

"Since we're so much like, I want you to put this around Elize's neck as soon as you see her. Remember as soon as you see her!" Margo gave her an identical box like Clarity's to her.

"You two--" she cried, dropping her head. She couldn't believe hat she was leaving them. Maybe she should...

"Maybe I shouldn't go. Maybe I'm just overreacting," the grandmothers shook their head.

"Dominique you love that woman so much! I don't know how you let her go in the first place. The way you look at her when she's not looking, analyzing every move she makes and when she makes those moves, you smile just a little brighter even if it's the most simplest things, like eating! You touch her every moment you get to whether if it's to brush your hands on her neck or touch the small of her back. You're so consumed with love for her.

And we're the same way. I couldn't stop touching Margo when she was pregnant. Running my hands through her hair when she was asleep. I would draw circles on her belly, told our baby girl hi, and rubbed her feet when they ached.

This is your wife you need and the only reason why you're second guessing yourself is because you don't want to feel guilty about us. I know that. You had to make a decision between your grandmothers and the love of your life. Well...I'm going to cement this decision. You're going home to the love of your life and you're going in an hour.