Chapter 41

Nicki straddled Elize in the dressing room, kissing her. She moved her hands from her waist to wrap around her neck. Elize combed through Nicki's hair, twirling a single curl between her fingers and smiling against her lips. Nicki felt her smile and came up for air. She sighed and looked at her.

"Isn't this weird?"

"Not really," Elize pulled her back but Nicki pressed her fingers against her mouth.

"We're making out in a public store," she smiled and Elize shrugged her shoulders. Nicki pecked her lips and got off her. Elize groaned but didn't stop her.

There was a calming silence in there. Nicki pulled up her stockings as Elize watched her. She watched as her hands glided up her thighs, then she saw her brace.

"Who is it?"

"Pardon?" She said softly, looking back at her with wide eyes.

"Who is threatening you? Who sprained your wrist? Who is trying to destroy my family?" Nicki straighten up and pressed her lips together. She turned away from Elize. Moments passed before she spoke again.

"Alexander Jean," Elize made up her face and pondered on the name. Holy...

"Wait a minute! Ex-boyfriend, ex-professor who you dated and-and who left you in the dust. That motherfucker! How-how does he know you're here!" She got up.

"I don't know!" Nicki told her calmly. She came toward her and gently pushed her back down on the bench chair, sitting next to her.

"I mean I was kissing you and then the next thing that happen was he was staring at me and my heart...stopped,"

"You were kissing me? When did all of this happen?"

"Friday...Two weeks ago,"

"At the dinner? Fuck! You never showed me a picture! God if I knew how he looked, he would be dead!" She growled.

"But you do know," she announced softly. Elize looked at her confused.

"No I don't know! There's only one man I know and..." Realization took over her face and her eyes widened. She got up and walked backwards.

"No! No, no, no, no. Dominique!" She held her head.

"John..." She whispered. Nicki nodded, a tear escaping her. She looked down.

"You mean I've been socializing with that-that bastard! And I didn't even know it! Oh my god," she looked away, raising a hand to her mouth.

"It's all my fault," she muttered. Nicki got up and turned her to grasp her shoulders.

"No it's not. It's his! I'm not going to let you blame yourself,"

"He saw the girls back in New York. He pressured me to talk. He connected pieces about us. I tried not to speak your name around him, but that was before he outed me. I gave him clues and details about us," Nicki pulled her into a hug where Elize buried her face in her neck. Another realization for her pop up. She pulled back.

"So...When you were taking long in the bathroom?" Elize saw her tense up.

"That's where he cornered me and threw..." She took a deep breath, "me on the floor, spraining my wrist,"

"Oh my god!" Elize held one side of her face. Oh God, why the fuck were this realizations coming one after the other. Elize looked down a and back up at her.