Chapter 38

Sara inhaled as she arranged the bouquet. She had to learn the simple ways of being a housewife. She sat straight with perfect posture as her hands neatly corrected some errors in the arrangement. Her mother was watching over and she smiled at the perfection that was this bouquet.

"Marvelous darling! I knew you could get it!" She kissed her forehead and left the room. Sara sighed and slummed in the chair. She hunched her back over and shoulders forward. She parted her legs and sat with her hands in her lap.
This wasn't Sara. This was someone completely different.

Her hair was dyed back to her natural color. Auburn brown and she grew out the shaven part of her head and it was all layered into a long bob. She wore a school uniform, but she had her shirt out a bit.

Everyday after school she would have to skill in etiquette things. Like perfecting a bouquet, knowing how to set a table, all that jazz. But really Sara didn't won't to do any of these stuff. She just wanted to leave and take a smoke.

Yeah she did it in school with the vents open, but right now she needed one to calm her nerves. But she did it all because she wanted to make her mom proud and give her the daughter she wanted.

Her phone dinged and she looked at it. Theresa was wanting to FaceTime with her. She smiled and answered the call.

"Mi amour!" She said. Theresa smirked at her and blew her a kiss.

"Sara looking lovelier than ever. How's the bob working?"

"Honestly...I'm getting use to it and the brown,"

"I'm really glad you are..." Then she went silent. Sara immediately noticed and brought the phone even closer.

"What's wrong? T?"

"It's bad Sara, really bad,"

"Stop holding me in suspense then!"

"Elize..."

"Yeah!"

"She has this notion that Nicki doesn't want to get married anymore," Sarah widen her eyes and jumped up from the table.

"What the fuck!"

"Sara Language!" Her mother shouted. Sara sighed and sat back down, taking a flower out of the bouquet.

Sara looked up and saw her butler coming in the room. He grinned and pointed to the flowers. She smiled and nodded. He came from behind and took them. She inhaled his scent. Lysol and cleaning supplies scent with a hint of lemon. She fluttered her eyes.

"Thanks Israel,"

"Always a pleasure,"

"Okay tell me everything and don't leave a motherfucking crumb out," he smiled and shook his head at her profanity. That's the Sara he knew.

/

"I mean what could have cause all of this! Nicki is acting strange. This isn't her Theresa and we all know it," she said, walking in her room. Where she was, the maids had started to bring out the silverware cause dinner was soon. That made Sara start to get ready.

"I know it isn't. Elize doesn't want me to talk to her, but how can I not! I'm so stupid, getting in the middle of this. Now she's in my apartment in the guest room and she's locked herself in there,"

"Check up on her regularly," Sara warned, resting her phone on her vanity. She came out of sight and pulled off her shirt and skirt. Then moved past to go in her bathroom to retrieve her new towel.