Chapter 35

"So what are you getting all dressed up for?" Nicki's heart jumped and she turned to see her best friend standing in her doorway.

    "I told you...to use that key in case of an emergency dammit!" She said frustrated, looking at her girls before returning to go the mirror.

"I did have an emergency. I needed to see my god babies before I go to work," she smiled at the twins sleeping in the bed. She took off her heels and went in the bed. Nicki rolled her eyes and turned back to her vanity, applying mascara to her long eyelashes. Nicki calmed down

"I'm getting dressed up cause it's my first day of work today at Amelia's interior design place,"

"Oh yeah! From teaching to interior decorating. Everything about that says Dominique Jacobs-Klutz," she chuckled, wiping the curls out of the girls' faces. Nicki flipped her the bird without turning around and finished applying the mascara. She moved from her vanity and moving to the bed where her stilettos were.

"You know it's a passion of mine. I started a portfolio at the beginning of the summer taking pictures of the house and every room that I decorated. I filled it up and made like a scrapbook and sent it in to this company and they hired me after a week after I gave it in. They said I could start any day in September so...I chose today,"

She put on her heels and smiled at Theresa.

"I thought teaching was your real passion?"

"I..." She started but then stopped. She sat on the bed, looking at her little girls sleep. Her eyes glistened a bit and she looked back to Theresa.

"Who would hire me T? I'm basically a sex offender. I preyed on a 15 year old when I was suppose to be teaching,"

"Listen I thought you were past this! Elize is a legal adult and none of this is illegal! The case was basically nothing. They have nothing on you. The case died down so fast people blinked and it was over. All of this is just in your head. They don't even remember you. I've heard you talk about teaching for so long. It was your passion. Anyways I thought you were going to be teaching kindergarten?"

"What parent would want a sex--"

"You are not a fucking sex offender!" Nicki gave her look of disbelief.

"Why would you give it up?"

"I don't want to give Elize anything more to worry about,"

"What does Elize--" Nicki held up a hand to stop her.

"Elize is my life now Theresa! She's my passion. This relationship is the absolute most important thing in my life forever. When I found her the roles just switched, the love of teaching just disappeared as I found a new one. One that I know would Last very much longer," she stood up and went to go the closet where a black sleeveless dress was waiting for her. She put it on and went to Theresa.

"Zip me?" Theresa zipped it up for her and sighed.

"Are you happy about it?" Nicki turned and gave her a warm smile. She lowered herself on her knees and took her hands in hers.

"Theresa...I am utterly and truly in love with Elize. She is all I want in life. I would put everything on hold for that girl. My clumsy and insecure little girl is blooming in to a vibrant and beautiful woman and I couldn't be more proud. That fact that she grew up so quickly and maturely for me just makes me love her so. I never in my life had someone who did that for me. She fills the empty holes inside of me and she makes me whole. And somehow I'm doing the same to her. I'm not perfect and yet she sees me as this goddess who is just the being of perfection. I have never blush so much in my life! She guides me and pulls me out of my deep dark corners. She's the light that I've been searching for and her light is her love for me and it's never ever going to burn out. She's so scared of losing me. I wish I was immortal for her. I'd rather be a stay at home wife than be teaching, but because she knows I get bored fairly easy she told me that she wanted to see me working, because working on anything puts my mind at ease and I'm happy I'm getting stuff done. She knows me that well, sometimes better than my own self. Therefore my teaching days are over and that's okay. I'm totally fine with it. I have to move on in life. I am very happy about it," she kissed her best friend's hands and got up.