Chapter: 27 Moment and Information

Chapter: 27

Arno's POV: 

William was going through the papers that needed to be done and I was thankful for him doing the papers. I was so behind on them and it wasn't funny. I was so busy with Madeline and all. So, it didn't come to my attention that I was getting behind on the papers that needed to be done. My head was still trying to figure out why the name Vincent Joseph Gilbert sounded so familiar. There must be some documents downstairs in the new library. There has to be something on him, but I don't know. A sigh escape from me as I took a seat on the sofa here in the office. William look over at me and asked "What's on your mind?"

"Madeline came across the name in her mother's files and it sounds familiar, but I can't place where I have heard the name from" I answered as I let out a puff of air.

"What is the name?" William asked.

"It's Vincent Joseph Gilbert" Arno answered.

William shrugged his shoulders "I haven't heard that name, but then again I am kind of new to everything still"

"Not really new, but it's okay. I will look at the older files later before I go to bed or something" I said as I stood up remembering what Madeline was doing.

"Why not now?" He asked.

"Because I have training to do with Madeline" I answered.

"You two have become really close..." William smirk a little.

"The lady needed some space that was all" I said smirking back at him before exiting the office to walk down the hallway.

The memory of when I almost kissed her in her room when I accidentally fell asleep in her bed. She is beautiful and her green eyes were soften as they weren't guarded at all. Madeline's skin was soft under my touch as her lips were pulling me in to kiss her and all I wanted to do was to kiss her right then and there, but William had to come in and ruin the moment between us. Then again I am kind of glad that he did interrupted us. I really didn't want to know what her reaction would be if I did kiss her right then and there.

I walk downstairs to where the training room is and heard a grunt coming from someone. Once I reach the last step. I saw the instructor flying to ground with another grunt and Madeline smirking as she swung her sword in her hand. My eyes widen as Madeline look dangerous, but yet beautiful. She look over at me and her eyes were filled with amusement and mischief. She was having fun kicking her instructor's arse and he got up from the ground. "Oh, hello, Master Arno. I didn't see you there" The instructor was saying.

"It's all right. I was just wondering how things were going" I asked as I felt a smirk tugging the corners of my lips.

"She's a master at sword fighting, but at novice level with the hidden blade" The instructor answered.

She let out a sigh as she said in her defense "I just prefer my swords over a blade that I can't really use"

"That's why it's called practice" The instructor said to her.

She only rolled her eyes as she didn't say anything else and move her bangs out of her left eye. I chuckle as I said "I'll take over"

The instructor nodded and head upstairs as I look over at Madeline as she slip her sword into her sheathe on her side. I walk over to her as I look down at her and she look up at me. Madeline's eyes were still shining with mischief and a smile spread across my lips. "Show me what you learn from your instructor" I murmured to her.

"Sword or Hidden blade?" She asked with a sly smile to her lips.

"How about the hidden blade?" I answered smirking back at her.