Chapter: 47 Fury and Passion

Chapter: 47

Madeline's POV: 

We walk down the road getting closer to where we needed to be and I look around seeing builders everywhere. The Revolution of France was beginning to rebuild itself and it was coming along nicely. It's the most peaceful thing I have ever seen besides being with Arno. The air was thick between us still and I don't know why. My breath usually becomes short with him and a deep yearning spreads through me, but I had managed to keep my eyes off of him. I need to focus on the mission at hand and not Arno right now. 

We were in the middle of following the dude that was Julian's brother. It had been a long time since I had seen him, but he hadn't changed at all. He didn't know we were following him, but I do know that he isn't dumb at all. It was silent between Arno and I, which was a good thing. It was hard to keep my emotions in check because of him. We blended into a crowd that was nearby and Arno's arm came around my waist holding me closely to him. I look up at him with surprised and he look down at me with a smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes at him before throwing his arm off of my waist. 

Julian's brother turn onto another road and I quickly follow him. He stopped instantly and I felt a strong pulled on my belt. He disappeared from my sight and I was pressed up against someone familiar. My heart was beating uncontrollably, but this wasn't the time. Arno was making everything more difficult than it has to be. These emotions of ours is going to get in the way and they already are, but it was both of us and not only one. My control was losing and all I wanted was to have Arno right now. We have to finished this and I need to keep my promise. We slowly both lean out of the alleyway to see that Julian's brother had continued walking down the street. 

We follow him slowly, but enough to keep out of sight. We were able to keep up with him and out of sight, but it was difficult because he kept stopping to look around. It was annoying and making me want to sink my blade into him already. I want this done and over with. I had enough of the Grandmaster games and I don't want to deal with this anymore than I have too. Sadly, it doesn't work out that way. Soon, we came to a stop once again and we hid behind some crates that kept us out of sight. The warehouse was up ahead and I notice how the buildings were falling apart, but they were abandoned as well. There wasn't much here other than empty crates and old equipment. 

This was the perfect meeting spot for someone that was a Templar like him to be meeting up with Julian. He was looking around waiting for Julian to popped out of the shadows. I look around too and Arno did the same thing as well, but we didn't see anyone that saw us. After a few moments, Julian walks out of the warehouse with Thomas next to his side. I clenched my teeth together feeling my anger beginning to grow. My hatred was burning through me and all I wanted was Thomas death. I wanted him dead. Arno wrapped an arm around my waist hold me close to him. He place a kiss on my neck and it sent a shiver down my spine, but it also cool down my temper. 

A sigh escape from me and the Templars began to talk amongst themselves "So, this is your brother?" 

Julian nodded "Yes, it is" 

I could see that he wasn't please with Thomas presence and the brother was utterly clueless in what was going on. Didn't Julian told him anything about what has been going on? "We need you and the other brothers for a mission. We are trying to start a war with those assassins that keep getting in the way of our plans, but they have blew up every plan that was ever made. Now, it's time to really put things in motion and this time they aren't going to be able through the heavily-guarded that is going to be at the place where we are going to make this come true" 

Julian's brother nodded "So, where is this place exactly?" 

"Well, we could always use your manor, Julian" Thomas looked over to Julian.