Chapter: 58 The Party Has Begun

Chapter: 58

Arno's POV:

I was waiting in a tuxedo and was leaning against a fence just outside of the party. William thought it would be a good idea for us to go separately. As much as I didn't want to go by myself without her, I did. I don't know why he made us go separately, but whatever his master plan is. I will follow it. He didn't let me down before and his plans are always secure. I began to pace while looking around to see couples all around me. It made me annoyed not having Madeline here with me. A frustrated sigh escape from my lips. All this waiting is making me anxious to get this over with already.

William better hurry up with my lover or there will be hell to pay. My feet stopped again and I lend against the fence once more. My eyes look up at the sky that was filled with dark clouds. It looks like it was going to rain. Why does it have to rain? A carriage pulled up in front of me and I pushed myself away from the fence. The coachmen got out of his seat and walk over to the door. He fumbled with the handle and my eagerness was eating at me from the inside. Is this her? The coachmen open the door and a gentlemen stepped out with his lady right behind him. 

A furious huffed escape from me while turning away. Someone tapped me with some odd thing and I turn around excepting another lady that didn't have date to be asking to court her. It wasn't. My eyes widen up to see Madeline standing there and those green eyes were vibrant underneath her lashes. A white dress hug her frame while showing her small waist along with sleeves that hang lowly. The bodice on her white dress was gold and the view was quite nice. A smirk spread across my lips, "My dear, you have kept me waiting." I spoke while chuckling a little. 

"Oh, I must apologize then. Being a woman is hard work." She smirked while tapping me on the forehead with her fan. 

"Apparently not hard enough." I grabbed her around the waist pulling her though me while adding, "Are you ready to be courted?"

"Already am and already have, Arno." She spoke lowly as her green eyes look up at me. 

"Let's get going then, shall we?" I asked not breaking the space between us.

"I would love to, but I can't walk if your holding me this close." Another smirked was spreading across her pale rosy lips.

"Fine." I huffed while parting myself from her and extending my arm to her.

She tilted her head a little, "Thank you, my kind gentlemen."

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" I asked while leading us down the line and through the fence while giving our fake invitations to the guard that was standing there.

"Maybe." She turn her attention away.

A soft groan escape from me and she gave a small chuckle before we officially enter the building together. The party was in full swing and people were already dancing while some of them were talking with each other. It look like any natural party. Madeline's gripped tighten on my arm and my eyes went down to her lovely face. She was looking at someone in particular and I follow her eyes over to a male that was dressed a little differently from the males that were gathered in here. 

She met my gaze and all I could see was the fear that was evident in her eyes. I place my hand over hers before leading her into the crowd of people that were mingling with each other. Some were introducing the ladies to the lords. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't stop remembering when Elise was being introduced in such a way. It was only because of her father's influence and wanted her to be happily married. I didn't fit the description well, but I didn't really care one way or another. 

I don't have to worry about that with Madeline after all, she is my love now. My heart has amended because of her. The way she was different and the way that she can look right at me with a warm smile on her face. I should have been angry with her for looking like Elise, but it would have done no good. The woman was completely different from Elise and wasn't brash as she was. She amended my pain that I had within myself from the death of my former lover. It all seems like a dream with her and at any moment. She would let me go and disappeared into the night.