Chapter: 39 The One That Got Away

Chapter: 39

Madeline's POV: 

We had to scale buildings once more as we were the rooftops to get to where we needed to be. It was difficult when I'm running on low sleep. My actions were slopping compare to Arno's as he was graceful as ever, but he has been at this longer than I have. I only have slipped up once and I kind of snapped at Arno for that, but he didn't take it offensive or anything. We were almost there as I was nervous about doing this. It would actually be hindering them and I'm going to be the one doing so. It makes me feel in control that I get to hinder them in processing of the war that they want. 

I look around as we arrive back at the warehouse once more. Arno look around as well. We have to be careful about this and I'm not sure if Thomas is here or not. I'm sure he is as he doesn't want his precious merchandise to get screw up, but he will have a different view of what we are about to do. My eyes saw that some of the crates were open and I realize that they were filled with swords and other things that were use. There was a lot of smoke bombs as well and other bombs along with them. I took out the flintlock pistol and pointing at one of the crates. My eyes look over at Arno to see him smirking and gave me a nod of approval. 

A smirk spread across my lips as I felt thrill to pulled the trigger on the gun. The bullet went straight for the smoke bombs and the others. It blew up as the hissing noise came from the smoke bombs. It was all cloudy now as I jump down into the smoke and Arno follow me as we went inside of the warehouse. Arno took care of the people that were coming out us with varieties of weapons on them. I had pulled out my second weapon as I began to blow up the crates that were around as the destructive sound was pure ecstasy for me. It was payback. 

Some of the crates that I had hit blew up and cause a chain reaction to some of the others as well. There was smoke surrounding all of us and others were having a hard time breathing. I wasn't do so well myself, but I managed to blew up just about everything that needed to be blown up. The only person that I did want to see wasn't here. He must be with the Templars telling them that their merchandise is getting ready to be use. It doesn't look like it is now. A coughing fit took over as my eyes were watering up. Everything was becoming blurry as I couldn't see very well and it was hard to breath. 

I felt someone dropped down on me as I let out a yelp from the impact from the ground. My pistols were ripped away from my hands. I struggle underneath the person that had me down on the ground. I twist underneath of the person as my eyes saw the cross of the Templars and knew instantly that this was one of them. I could tell that it was male by the way he was putting pressure on my stomach. My hand form into a fist before I swung it at the Templar that was sitting on top of me. I got him right in the cheek as he fell off of me. I scramble to get away from him, but he caught my ankle as he dragged me back though him. 

I heard a hiss of anger from the guy "You're not getting away from me this time, Madeline!"

Instantly, I knew who it was as I turn around to see through the haze of smoke that it was Thomas. So, I was wrong. He was here all along, but where could he have been at? He wasn't here when we started blowing up his merchandise? He had a dagger ready, but I dodged his swung as I rolled away. I scramble to get up and he back away into the smoke. My heart was beating madly in my chest as I didn't know where he was going to strike next at. My eyes scanned the area around me as I was trying to listen with my ears, but they couldn't hear a thing not with the background noise that was going on. 

My eyes darted around the area to see if I could see him anywhere as I turn in a slow circle with my arms up. It was quiet all around me and it was harder than hell to try and take a swing. I felt a scratch on my arm as I let out a shock gasp before another one was place on the opposite side of my arm. I move away just as he was swinging throughs me with the dagger. I strike with my hidden blade forward to where he was, but I missed him. My eyes widen and I felt him shoving me forward as I fell onto the ground with a thud. He disappeared into the smoke again as I got back up onto my feet. My hood had fallen off as my dark red locks fell over my shoulders.