Chapter: 16 Mistaken

Chapter: 16

Arno's POV:

"What is that brings you to concern me with?" I asked.

"The Templars have finally made their move" He answered and he also added "I just thought you would like to know. That's all"

I could tell there was a smirk spreading across his lips and I shook my head "I guess you are right, William. I would want to know about this. What move did they make?"

"They are announcing that Madeline is a traitor of the order and also to make things much worst. They also said that she was a fraud Grand Master and that needed to be put to death" William answered with a grim look.

My eyes widen up at him "Why would they do this?"

"It's something to lit the fire with and since they don't really know where she is. They can't take any risks, because she knows the whole Templar plan. So, they're planning to kill her to keep their secret" William answered slightly smirking.

I was smirking as well, but it soon falter as I realized what I have said earlier to her. I curse under my breath and William look confused and I said "I'll be right back. I made a horrible mistake by letting her do something"

"You gave her permission to go outside, didn't you?" He asked.

"Yes, how did you know?" I asked.

"Because she has been wanting to go out there for some time now and I'm not oblivious to things" William answered.

"Okay. I'll be back" I said rushing out of the office avoiding collision with students before rushing down the hallway to the main center of the Assassin's building where the main doors are.

I look around as I continued down the hallway and down the stairs. I should have gone with William first before I even decide to let her have permission to go outside. The main doors look undisturbed, but I didn't know if they were like that or was just open a minute or so ago. I walk over to the doors as I was breathless from running down the flights as fast as I can. My hand reach for the doorknob as I let out a breath and open it. I didn't see her out here anywhere and now I really am beginning to wonder if I was right or not.

I close the door behind me as I notice a couple of students coming down the stairs. I went up to them as I asked "Did you see the Assassin here?"

They look at each other before shaking their heads, one of them said "I saw her walking to her room, but not walking here"

"Thank you" I nodded to him and pat his arm before making my way up the stairs once more. So, did she go outside or didn't she? I walk down the hallway as I felt relief spreading through me as I went down a familiar hallway that I walk down before. I knock on her door as I look around to not see students around here at all. They wouldn't be without doing their assignments under their instructors. William took care of the three for me, so they're serving under our best strict instructor.

The door open to reveal her standing there with a surprise look on her face. I pause to look at her and I realize she took her top garment off as she was n her under garment. I could see her cheeks turning pink and my breath seem to catch in my throat as her green eyes were looking up at me. Madeline's dark red hair was flowing down over her shoulders as I wanted to brush it back behind her shoulder. She open the door wider for me as I notice the books that was stack on her nightstand. I walk in feeling a little fluster of seeing her like that, but I got to say she is very beautiful.

"What brings you here? I thought William has important information that he was dying to tell you" Madeline's voice wash over my ears and she wasn't mad or anything for me showing up at her door.