Chapter: 50 Trust is The Key

Chapter: 50

Madeline's POV: 

We were jumping from rooftop to another rooftop and it was still annoying, but I was catching on slowly. I still like the ground better than the rooftops and it wasn't dangerous on the ground unlike the rooftops. Some old habits is hard to get rid of. I frown a little and gasp when I jump again only to slip before landing on my knees. I let out a hissed of frustration, but Arno held his hand out to me with a kind smile on me. I murmured softly "As long as I have been with you guys. Roof jumping isn't easy for me." 

He chuckles "When you were a Templar, I bet you love the ground more." 

I place my hand in his and he help me stand up on my own two feet "I like the ground better than rooftops." 

He chuckle some more, but didn't say anything. We made our way across the rooftops and I look around taking in the large buildings. The people of Paris was walking to their destination and little children were running around playing with each other. A sigh escape from me and I continue to follow Arno. We came to a stop and look around to see if we could spot Julian around here. This was where William's students had seen Julian at, but we didn't see him yet. My mind was going back to the saying that William said to Arno. I'm curious in what the saying means, but there is still a lot about the assassin's that I need to know. 

Arno look back at me and I met his eyes "Is something on your mind, Madeline?" 

I tilted my head a little before asking "What did that saying mean?" 

He gave me a confused expression before asking himself "What do you mean?"

"Peace be with you..." I answered slowly recollecting the words from earlier. 

His eyes widen and let out a sigh "Lessons. I had forgot all about them." 

I was confused, but he continued "It means we our one with the creed and that we work together. We come to each other's aids when we are our in missions and our goal is one. We bring peace to the civilians and exchanging the words between William and I is a form of our deep trust. That's where the creed comes in." 

"The brotherhood creed?" I asked.

He nodded "I'm guessing you have heard it from the many students there, is that right?" 

I nodded "Yes." 

"There are three principles that we follow. Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent." He began listing the first one off. 

I nodded my head telling him to go on and he did "Second is, Hide in plain sight, be one with the crowd." 

He look at me and I nodded once again "Mostly importantly and the most hardest one that I had to come to terms with is. Never compromise the Brotherhood. No matter what." 

It ring a bell in my head and suddenly I knew what the saying meant. Arno smile knowing that I had reach the conclusion in my head, but I blurt out to make sure "So peace be with you is these tenets, is that right?" 

Arno nodded and kissed my cheek "That is quite right." 

A smile spread across my lips, but it quickly disappeared. I pointed over his shoulder and gave him a look "He's right there." 

Arno look over his shoulder and notice Julian walking down the street causally. He look around before Arno grabbed my hand. He lowered ourselves down to a crouch. "Something isn't right here."

I didn't question him knowing that he was right. He was right before and I had brashly ran into without thinking properly. I had almost blown our cover the last time because of my fury for Thomas. He made me so blind with my hatred that I can't see the danger around me. Arno gave me a look and I look into his clear eyes that were filled with serious. There was a bit of protection in those eyes of his too. He raise a brow up at me before raising an eyebrow up at me and smirking "I know I look good, but you don't have to keep staring at me."