Chapter: 51 An Alliance

Chapter: 51

Arno's POV:

My senses were on high alert as Julian was walking further down the alleyway. It wasn't something that I wanted to go down, but I had no choice in doing so. I would be outnumbered by the traitors and him. My alarms were going off inside of me and I quickly duck behind a pile of barrels.  My ears pick up the sound of Julian turning around. It went absolutely quiet. My breathing became slow and I still my body. There was no noise or sounds coming from Julian. It was silent. I prepare myself for an attack, but it didn't happen. Was he standing there?

A deep voice rumbled through the alleyway, "I know you are there, Assassin. I know you have been following me."

I curse myself before slowly standing up and facing him. His eyes widen and it look like he wasn't expecting me, but someone else. A smirk played across my lips and I asked, "Not the person you were expecting?"

He narrowed his eyes while folding his arms across his chest, "No, I was expecting Madeline."

"She isn't here." I watch his movements carefully, but so far he wasn't moving at all.

He look a little relieved that it wasn't her, but why? Julian look over at me then behind me. His eyes narrowed in suspicion while he asked, "Where are the three that were following me on the roof tops?"

"The traitors are with you, aren't they not?" I asked feeling my stomach beginning to twist itself into knots. I didn't like where this was going.

Julian's muscle clench itself together and I knew he was up to something. My eyes narrow as anger swept through me, "What are you planning?"

Julian gave me a cold look, but there was concern in those eyes of his. He didn't seem to be happy at all. Why? He let out a sigh, but asked, "Let's call it truce."

My eyes widen and I snapped, "Why would I do that with a Templar?"

He gave me a look and answered in a calm voice, "Because Madeline is in trouble."

My eyes widen and my anger shook my body. "How do you know? What did you do to her?"

He held up his hands in surrender and answered, "I didn't do Nothing, but I know who has her."

I snarled out between my clench teeth, "Who has Madeline?"

Julian gave me a smirk, "Accept the truce and I will tell you."

My hands balled into fists and I was wavering between my options. Madeline has to be the one to do end his life, but why am I getting the feeling that he knows that something is wrong here. Why is he proposing a truce with me? What are his intentions?

Julian spoke up and I notice he hasn't budge an inch at all, "We don't have all day."

A frustrated sigh escape from me and I can't believe I was going to do this, but I have to. It's for Madeline and that is all. I answered, "Fine. Any movement against me will result in your death. Do you understand?"

He nodded his head, "Understood."

***********************************

We traveled through the large town and the area where I had sent her off on her own. My worries and suspicions was flowing through me. The man name Julian didn't even bother to make eye contact with me. My nerves were standing on end from the being on guard and alert to his every movement. I asked once we came to a stop while looking around, "Where is Madeline?"

Julian hadn't answer the question and now it was the time to start to get some answers. He answered, "She is with someone that has been working for us. I believe he is her father, is that correct?"