Chapter: 41 A Peaceful Morning With a Rude Awakening

Chapter: 41

Madeline's POV:

The morning came as I was laying with Arno as we didn't want to part from each other. We were sleeping on the couch together. It was blissful as it could be and I was happy for once. My cheeks felt warm with me as I touch my lips with my fingers. A smile broke across my face as he broke something in me. I felt like a little girl who was foolishly believing in something that wasn't real. I look up at Arno to see him sleeping peacefully. I gently reach my hand up to brush my fingers across his cheek as I felt content being with him in this moment that we are sharing. It was completely different with him as I never have felt this way about any man. 

I still feel a little guilty as this was Elise's man and not mine, but he has feelings for me. Doesn't that count as moving on? I don't understand anything at all, but I do know that I'm in love with this man. I couldn't see me myself in loving someone and I have been focus on getting things done. I didn't stop to think about my future with someone. It was probably because of the rules of the Templars that they have drilled in me, but he had broken through every single one of them. I have broke them as well, but maybe I have broken them a long time ago. It makes sense as I didn't like how Elise had died by their relic. 

What does Arno see in me? How can he love someone that was against him in the first place? I don't really understand, but I guess I haven't ask. I'm a little scared to know the answers from him, but I would never find out if I don't ask. My breath caught in my throat as I felt fingertips touching my cheek before fully cupping my cheek. I had prop myself up to look down at Arno, but I was completely lost in my thoughts. My eyes met dark brown eyes as he smile up at me and with a little pressure of his hand. I brought my lips down onto his as it was a lot easier to do then before. It was a slow kiss that we share as it made me feel all tingly inside. 

We pulled away from each other slowly as a smile spread across my lips "Good morning, Arno" 

He murmured as his voice had a huskiness to it "Morning, Madeline" 

He was smiling as he pressed another long lingering kiss to mine and my lips return the affectation. This was perfect as it gets and I'm so happy that everything feels like a dream to me. It was completely different that I enjoy it. We pulled away from each other once more as his hands were moving against my cheekbone. He push my dark red hair back as I could see the love that was there in his eyes as he murmured "You're beautiful, Madeline" 

A smile spread across my lips as my cheeks felt warm from his compliment. I open my mouth to say something, but there was a knock on the door. It was beginning to open as I quickly scurry over him. I ended on the floor just as William came in. Arno was laughing and I push myself up from the floor. My cheeks were burning embarrassment as Arno help me back up onto my feet. William didn't really know what to say, but he just murmured "I apologize for startling you, guys. Are you okay, Madeline?" 

I nodded as I didn't trust my voice to speak or say anything that would result in my voice squeaking. Arno began to talk as I began to straighten out my uniform "So, what brings you in here today?" 

"Well, what had happened with Madeline's father?" He asked. 

I let out a huffed as I got everything situated on me and I sat back down to pulled my boots on "My father supposedly wants to help us end this war before it even gets started. I told him that we didn't need his help that we have it cover and everything. Then he proceed in telling me that he knows who murder my mother"

William was surprised at how my voice took on such an angry tone "Well, that would help us greatly. He was here before he disappeared to somewhere"

"We don't need his help. We are doing perfectly fine without him and we don't need him interfering or tell us what to do. He may be my father, but he had abandoned us when I was a small child" I snapped at William.