Chapter: 49 Back in Business

Chapter: 49

Madeline's POV: 

My eyes flutter open and realize that the spot next to me was empty. There was a pillow under my head instead of his arm. He must have to leave and my cheeks began to burn in having to face William. I let out a quiet groan and in thinking about our consequences, but it was so worth it. A smile spread across my lips easing the tension inside of me. The memory of last night came back to me and it was wonderful. I need to get my head together. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I have consequences to go and face. There isn't any time to be laying here thinking of the events that took place last night. 

I push myself into a seating position with the blanket covering me fully. My legs dangle off of the bed and notice how disheveled my garments were. They were thrown literally everywhere. My cheeks began to burn and I look away. I couldn't believe that Arno threw my clothes around, but he wasn't watching where he had threw them at. I muttered "Oh Arno..." 

My feet felt the cold wood floor and instantly I felt pain in my lower region. I realize what it was and didn't realize the kind of pain I would receive after my first time. It is expected of this and nothing less, but still it's going to be hard trying to walk around. There was a light knock on my door and curse myself for thinking instead of focusing on getting dress. The door open anyway and I grabbed a book before chucking it across the room. It hit the door and the person stopped. They poke their head and I shouted "What do you think-"

It was only Arno and he was wide-eyed. He look down at the book on the ground and let out a small laugh. He bend over to pick it up before entering my room altogether and closing the door behind him. "I never thought I was going to be a target again." He amused while looking over at me with a raise eyebrow. 

I let out a sigh of relief "You could have told me that it was you." 

"Sorry, ma' cher." He murmured to me. 

A warm feeling seeped through me from his endearment. I really love the way he uses the endearments on me. It really does make me feel special. He walk over to me and wrapped his arms around me. Arno pressed his lips to mine and I wrapped one arm around his neck while my other arm was holding up the sheet that was blocking his view. My cheeks were still burning, but they were fading away. I pulled away first and spoke calmly "I need to get change Arno." 

"Do it in front of me. I like to see the show that ma'cheri will put on." He huskily whispered. Those words sent chills down my spine and I let out a sigh. 

"Arno. This really isn't the time." My cheeks were burning again. 

He chuckled some more "All right. All right. William is up already and there isn't enough time for another round in the sheets." 

My entire face felt warm and I look away from him. I shouldn't be bother him seeing me naked now, but I don't know what to do in this situation. I was bashful and couldn't help it. All of this was new to me. My mind race with possible of thoughts of us being in bed together and it only made my face felt like it was on fire. He kissed my warm cheek before murmuring softly "I will wait outside of the bedroom door." 

I nodded and before he move away from. My eyes met his and a smirk spread across his lips "I would be careful walking around. After all, I did do a magnificent performance." 

My eyes narrowed dangerously at him before I grabbed another book "Get out!" 

He burst into laughter before quickly leaving my room. I slammed the book on the desk and the door close with a soft click. A smirk spread across my lips and I shook my head at how Arno was acting. I made sure to be careful and slipped my undergarments on first before putting my robes on. The worst was trying to put on the bottoms and it ache too, but I managed it quite well. A sigh escape from me and everything was ready for me to leave. I quickly fix my wild auburn hair and walk over to the door once it was back into place where it belong.