Chapter: 4 Confronted

Chapter: 4

Arno's POV: 

For a minute there, I thought I was looking at Elise, but I could tell right away that it wasn't. Those green eyes of hers aren't blue and her hair isn't the same as Elise, but a darker shade than hers. She looked so familiar standing there on the balcony and I couldn't place where I could have seen her before. She seems very miserable for a woman in the Templar order and I wonder why. Elise was the same way until she decided to make an alliance with me and help me in my quest. The woman doesn't care about her partner that was there with her. They seem to hate each other... I wonder if I could use her as my advantage of knowing where the new Templars are hiding and what their plans on.

She's very mysterious and I don't know if I could get anything out of her. The woman looks like she would take any secret that she had taken to the grave. So, how am I going to do this? I need something to hold over the woman, but there is very little information on her. I have look through the records here and ask around if they had recognized the woman that I was describing, but no one here knows of the woman. I know she wasn't an Assassin, before switching sides. That means she has been a Templar her whole life. That means her parents were Templars as well.

Maybe, I would have to question her for myself and away from her little Templar group. Then I can find out why she looks familiar and I can ask my questions.

She's going to put up quite a fight, but that's okay. I can put up a better fight with her.

*****************************************

Madeline's POV:

I reported to Nickolas about what had happened last night and my fear was strumming through me as I had a feeling he was going to punish me. He didn't though as he just smiles and thanks me, before going about his business. He did say 'not to trust everyone that I come into contact with' I wonder what that meant. I don't understand, but he gave a wicked lash out with Thomas. I cringed a little when I heard the smack of a fist colliding with bone. I didn't stay for very long as I was sick to my stomach. I think I just made things worst, but I don't know for sure. I thought I was going to get the same punishment, but I didn't.

My heart was still racing as I walk through the market deciding on what to do. A sigh escapes from me as I look around. What should I do? I fear for my life and I shouldn't, but I do. Why did my mother join the Templar order when there nothing, but liars and greedy man who want nothing, but power? I can't believe that I stay this long and now I'm alone. Elise and my mother are both gone. So, where do I fit into all of this now? 

I look behind me as I got the feeling like I was being watched and I scan the area slowly. I didn't see anyone there at all. I look up at the rooftops not noticing anyone up there either. My heart was beating fast in my chest as I turn my attention to where I was heading and start walking once again. The feeling of being watched didn't go away as I kept moving through the market place. I took a sharp turn into an alleyway of Paris. 

My heart was still racing as the feeling went away, but it was back once again. I got ready to unsheathe my sword as I could hear the footsteps that were following me. The deeper I go into the alleyway, the quicker the footsteps had become. That Assassin should know better than to try and sneak up on me again. The footsteps got closer to me and I block a blade with my sword. As I was taken back that it wasn't the Assassin that was following me, but a fellow male Templar as I could tell from the red cross that he was wearing.

"What the-" I started to say, but got shoved up against the wall of a building.

The male Templar didn't say anything as he was about to deliver the blow to me. I struggled against the Templar, but it was futile as his grip was strong against my form. I struggled harder as he raises the dagger that was going to finish me right then and there. My eyes closed as a scream escape from my throat as the pressure was released from my body. I slowly open my eyes as the Templar body was laying there and someone grabs my upper arm. The person guides me out of the alleyway and out onto a busy street that was filled with bystanders. 

I look next to me to see the Assassin and I shove him away from me, but his grip tightens on my upper arm. I let out a hissed of pain as I struggle against him some more. He let out a hissed of annoyance "Will you quit struggling already? I'm not going to kill you."

"Why should I believe you?" I hissed back as I was still struggling against him. 

We ended up in the square as he pushed me down onto one of the benches and he sat down next to me. He answered "Because I let you lived and I just save your life" 

I look at him as I was burning with distrust as I asked: "Then why are you here now?"

He looks at me "Because I have questions for you."

"And you think I'm going to answer?" I asked giving him a glare.  

"You will unless you want to be dead?" He answered with a smirk. 

I scowl at him as I look around trying to see if we were being watched or not. I had a bad feeling and I'm not supposed to do this. I'm not supposed to talk to the enemy. All I should do is kill him and get it over with, but I can't now. He saves my life and before I could even think anymore, he murmured "You are in my debt now, manquer." 

I glared at him, but I knew he was right. He smirks at him as he asked: "Do you know a woman that had almost the same color of hair like yours, but a lighter shade with blue eyes?" 

My breathing became shallow as I look over at him giving him with a confused look as I knew who he was talking about, but I'm not giving him the slightest idea that I do. I have to play this one cool because I do know who is talking about. "Who?" I asked playing dumb. 

"Don't play dumb with me." He gave me a glare as he knew that I know. 

I let out a sigh as I turn my attention away from him as I got up and murmured "Excuse me, but I have to get back to business." 

He grabs my wrist and jerks down me back down onto the bench "Not so fast. You're going to answer my questions one way or another."  

I shove him off the bench before taking my chance to run away from him and disappearing down the street into a large crowd. It was him. The man that is Elise's lover. It was him that took her away from the order. I knew it when he was describing her and I knew in my heart that he knew that I know, but wanted to confirm his suspicions. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D