Chapter: 26 Finding Evidence

Chapter: 26

Madeline's POV: 

Arno show me on how to unlock a vault without needing a key and it was difficult as I never had to do this before. On my like fifth or sixth time, I finally heard a click and the vault open up. Arno smile at me and I gave him a relieve look, but I was smiling as well. I took out the documents and Arno took half of the documents as well as we swift through them. It was a lot having to do with the Templars. I saw that Arno was frowning and then he stop as he asked "Who is this?" 

I look over at his paper to see that it was a name and it was a guy's name. The guy was an Assassin and I read the name out loud "Vincent Joseph Gilbert" 

"I never have heard of them and since my mentor was murder. I can't even ask him. This must be a clue of some sort" Arno was mumbling. 

My eyes narrow slightly as I look at Arno's expression and he was confused, but also puzzled. He seems like he knows that name for some reason. I asked quietly "Do you know that name?" 

"I have heard my mentor and the others mentioning it, but rarely. I never ask who it was and now the name popped up again" He murmured. 

I flip through my documents as I found nothing in there and went to another section. There has to be something here that would tell me what is going on. I point out to Arno "Look here, it says that my mother knew who was after her and it was only a matter of time before they show up. She knew she was going to died...that's why my mother kept me away from the Templars" 

"Were still missing pieces here..." Arno murmured as he added "Who was after you're mother? What does Thomas mean? And what else are we missing here?" 

"Information on Vincent Joseph Gilbert" I answered. 

Arno nodded as he asked "Is there anymore papers on him?"

I look through the papers in my hand and pull out a sheet as we both look at it "My mother kept his whereabouts and the last stop was Versailles"

Arno asked "Year?"

"It was the year of when my mother was murder" I answered "The month and date of my sixteenth birthday"

Arno murmured softly as I look sadly at the papers "Then I guess we will start looking for Vincent"

I nodded "Agreed"

Arno smile and asked "What shall we do with the documents?"

I answered "Burn them. I don't want Thomas or anyone getting their hands on mother's important documents"

Arno nodded as he got the fireplace ready and I gather the documents up in my hand. My mother's documents will not fall into the hands of my enemies and by burning the documents. They will be safe. We have what we came for, but there was nothing was in these documents that tell me what Thomas and Alexandre meant. Maybe, this Vincent will know something. I only hope we could find him and find out what he knows. Why did my mother keep notes about this guy? Who is he? I don't understand this, but maybe soon I will finally understand everything.

Arno got the fire going as we began to burn the documents together. We were almost done as we heard a crash coming from downstairs. We finish burning the documents in time just as we heard yelling coming from the stairs. Arno grab my hand as we ran through the window and he open the window as he climb out of the window. I look back at the door and the fire as this was my home and it's still is. Arno called up to me "Come down, Madeline!"

The door started to rattle and I climb out of the window quickly as I climb down feeling unsure if I was doing it correctly or not. I let myself drop onto the ground and stumble a little as I felt Arno's hands on my waist. My cheeks begin to burn as he took my hand in his and we race across the courtyard. I still remember her body lying there unmoving and her eyes empty. A shudder went through me as we ran to the gate and burst through it.

Arno lead the way and I only follow him as we burst through the streets together. The people around us got out of our way or let out a screech as we flew pass them. We stop at a cathedral that was Notre Dame as we were both breathing hard. "I think we lost them..." Arno breath out.

I nodded as I couldn't speak right at the moment. We finally got our breath back as I hissed out between my teeth "They weren't even suppose to come onto the land or even cross the fence line"

"Do you really think Thomas cares about that?" Arno asked me.

I glare at him as I walk away and look up at the cathedral standing there. My anger was coursing through my body as my hatred was as well. Thomas doesn't care about anything and he must have someone that saw us go into the manor. He must have known that I would return there if not soon than later. He knew that my mother was hiding documents, but he didn't know where. He won't get his hands on any as they were all gone now. My mother's secrets are safe with me and Arno.

A warm hand touch my shoulder than my back as Arno murmured "Thomas will pay. We will just have to be patient"

I nodded as I lay my head on his shoulder as his hand move to my waist. My cheeks were burning again, but it felt nice to be comfort by him. We just stood there gazing at Notre Dame as it was quiet between us. Everything is changing so drastically and I'm barely hanging on by a thread. I pull away from him as I remember what I thought about Thomas knowing where we were. "Come...let's get back to the bureau" I murmured before walking away and down a street that will take me to where the bureau was. Arno walk beside me after he had to catch up to me and we walk back to the bureau together.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D