Chapter: 28 Whereabouts

Chapter: 28

Madeline's POV: 

Arno and I went out of the bureau to end another life tonight. This time it will be Marco Valetori and he before Alexandre and he isn't to kind, but he does keep to himself. We only a spoken briefly and work with each other once. He didn't mind me ordering him around, but he does hate Thomas though. I wonder why he went with them and not protested like the others did. Marco has done terrible things and I'm not quite sure if he is proud of that or like Alexandre, but I wouldn't really know for he was a stranger to me. 

I was getting use to jumping from building to building like Arno does and even though he has been doing it longer than I have. I'm still pretty new to this, but I'm getting better with each day. We jump from another building as we were getting close to where Marco was located at. I wasn't nervous as I was like last time and I didn't have any doubts this time. It was strange for me to not be experiencing this way. How could that be? My eyes flicker over to Arno as he slow to a stop on a building and I follow him. He has been there with me every step of my journey and by my side constantly. 

My cheeks began to burn as the memories of him almost kissing me twice. I don't know what comes over us, but we have been interrupted by William both times. It's kind of infuriating as I was curious to feel our lips touching one another and his arms wrapped around my waist. The thought of him being close to him sent shivers through me as I shook my head mentally to clear the disturbing thoughts from my mind. What am I thinking? 

This is obviously not the time to be thinking such thoughts or even thinking about embracing one another. I walk over to Arno's side and look down at the street as the civilians were walking around. I asked "Where do you think he is located, Arno?" 

"Somewhere around this region" Arno answered.

"Shall we split up?" I asked as I added "It would be much quicker if both of us search instead of doing it together" 

"I would much rather prefer us standing together, but you bring up an excellent point. This region is far to big and we need to search in opposite directions" Arno grimly reply.

"You're getting smarter by the minute, Arno" I smirked at him.

"And this is a foolish idea of yours..." Arno replied smirking back at me. 

"We'll meet back there over by the market stalls" I said pointing to it. 

"Very well" He murmured and before I could take off. Arno grab my hand in his and I turn to look at him as lifted my hand up to his lips to press a kiss there as he murmured softly "Please do be careful, Madeline" 

My cheeks were burning as I murmured quietly to him "Of course, Arno. The same goes to you as well" 

He chuckled as he gave my hand a squeeze before walking away from me to start his search. My heart was pounding wildly in my chest and many feelings were rushing through me. I honestly don't know what to say or to feel at this particular moment. 

*************************************************

I walk down the street where I was heading to and my eyes scan the surroundings around me. He's has to be here in this region somewhere and maybe it's too big for just the two of us. I would just have to look and find out for myself. A sigh escape from me as I look around seeing people mingle here and there. I'm not quite sure on where to look for Marco here. I hardly know him or the things that he is interested in. We may have partnered up for certain missions, but we hardly talk to another one. We always got the job done early and all I get from him is a nod. 

My eyes scan the area that I am once more and carefully look at the people as well. One of them must be working for him and that is the person I'm looking for. I spotted a guy leaning against one of the barrels by a wagon as a messenger came up to him to deliver something. I quickly walk over to them as I kept from out of sight. Their voices got louder as I was coming closer to them and now their voices reach my ears. The messenger left as the guy straighten up his posture before giving himself a long stretch like a lazy cat or something. Then he began to walk forward and I went behind a barrel and another one.