Chapter: 11 Meeting and Hiding

Chapter: 11

Madeline's POV:

A few days have passed as I accept Arno's deal. The others have been really nice for some reason, but I didn't let my guard down. I have heard the others say those awful things in the hallway when I was trying to escape from them. That ended with me almost falling to my death as I didn't know where I could safely jump out to land in a hay bale. I was walking down the hallway as I heard low murmuring voices and once I arrive at the hallway where I heard the voices were coming from. I didn't see anyone there, which was strange. I know I heard voices or I thought I did.

I don't like this not one bit. A sigh escape from me as I continue walking through Arno's office to see what he wants from me. I'm still getting a little confused in where I'm going through this guild of theirs. I'm not use to these large hallways and the building itself is quite large. The Templar building was never like this and it was much smaller. Then again it was small because it was just us and I didn't want to be there. So, I live on my own or use to anyway.

They have given me my own room and it was quite different from the way Templars did things compare to the Assassins. It felt like I was a student again and I kept my garments on as I didn't feel quite comfortable yet to wear the robes of an assassin. It was hanging on the top of my closet as I stare at it while I was trying to go to sleep. I was still scare of what I was doing and I couldn't make up my mind about it yet. I never hear the end of it from Arno. He is always asking about why I haven't change into the robes that he had brought me, but I ignore him every time when he asks me about it.

I arrive at his office and I let out a sigh as I didn't even want to do this with him, but I have no choice in the matter. I knock on the door three times before I heard a voice from inside called out "Come in"

I enter his office as I shut the door behind me as I asked "You want to see me?"

"Ah, Madeline. I see you're still not wearing the robes that I got for you" He answered smirking.

I rolled my eyes at him before I shook my head. Every time that he requests for me to come and see him. It's the same with him. Always with the question and the robes and whatever it is that he wants. I was getting really annoyed with him "What do you want now, Arno?"

"Just to check up on you and see how you are fitting in, that's all" He said smirking a little more than before.

"Right, these visits are nothing, but checking on a poor helpless little girl like me" I said sarcastically as I walk around his office.

He chuckle "I like that tongue of yours"

I gave him a look as he hold up his hands and I took a seat in one of the chairs. I lend back as I asked "So, what is it that you want now?"

He look at me as I waited for him to answered my question, but he kept looking at me. I gave him a narrow look before asking "What?"

He shook his head "Nothing"

"Then I'll be leaving" I said almost getting up before he set me back down into the chair by placing his hand on my shoulder and pushing me back down.

"Madeline..." He started to say as I knew his tone was taking a serious note into it.

I look up at him to see those brown eyes of his looking down at me and my heart started to beat faster in my chest. He was really close and I didn't like people invading my space at all. I was on edge as I asked as I hated the way my voice took "Yes?"

It sounded small like I was scared and fragile, which I'm not. He gave me a smile and asked "Do you like it here?"

I was confused as it kind of sound like a trick question to me and I narrow my eyes at him. I was now on my guard. "I guess it's all right. Nothing  really  fancy around here" I answered not taking my eyes off of his.