Chapter: 18 Secret Meeting

Chapter: 18

Madeline's POV:

A sigh escape from me as I follow Arno that was scaling the building from the side. I never had to do this especially when I was a Templar. Now, I have to climb a building like they do. I know other past Templars have, but they were blending in with the Assassin's or trying to be sneaky as they were. It didn't work out, because the Assassin's knew right away. I climb up the building as it was kind of tough to do. I manage to the roof top as I squirm my way over the ledge to the roof. Arno wasn't paying attention to me, but somewhere else.

I heave myself over myself up onto the roof top as I huff out a breath as my arms were screaming out in pain. Arno look over his shoulder at me and I saw that he had a smirk on his lips. I gave him a glare as I stood up on my own two feet. "You could have help me out there..." I muttered as I walk over and stood next to him.

"I thought Templars know how to scale walls?" He asked me still smirking.

"Is that a trick question or are you just completely dumb?" I asked giving him my best glare.

"I'll let you decide on that, cher" He answered.

"Do not call me that! I am not you're cher" I hissed out between clench teeth.

"Whatever you say, cher" He drawl out the endearment as I wanted to kick him where the sun doesn't shine again, but I didn't. 

He cover my mouth with his hand before I could say anything. He put a finger to his lips for me to be quiet, before pointing below us. I look down and saw the man that I hated the most. It was Thomas and the original Grandmaster. My hatred burn through me and Arno grab my arm before I could jump down to end of their lives right there. I gave him a glare as he pointed while pulling me back from the edge. I look to see guards following them and I grit my teeth as that was cowardly way of doing that, but it was also for their protection, which isn't surprising at all.

I jerk my arm out of Arno's grasp as I back up away from the edge and glare at the two men that were walking to the main entrance of the gate. The guards stood outside and some follow them in as well.

Arno motion with his head to follow him and I watch him as he jump across the roof top to the other one. I gave him a look as if he were crazy. He turn to me and motion with his hand to me and I gave a look at the gap between the building. My insides tighten as my breath quicken and Arno came over to the edge "It's not that big of a jump...Madeline"

"Easy for you to say, Arno" I hissed out between my teeth.

"Well just give it a try..." He said smirking.

I let out a sigh as I took a deep breath and back a couple of steps before I took a running start and jump across the gap. I made it, but just my luck. My foot landed wrong on the edge of the roof and I started to fall backwards. Arno grab my forearm and with a easy pull. I was against his chest as I was breathless. "We need to practice on your jumps..." He murmured.

I look up at him as I realized how close we were and my heart started to beat madly in my chest. I clear my throat as I asked sarcastically "Do you really think so?"

"Oh I do..." He answered grinning.

He pull away from me before grabbing my hand and he lead me over to another gap. He jump again and this time I watch as he does it. Once he landed on the other side, I follow his exact moves. My heart nearly stop as I jump over the gap once more. I made it to the other one easily unlike the first one and Arno gave me a look. I smirked at him "What can I say? I'm a fast-learner"

He shook his head as he began to scale the building where the Templar were at. I follow him as I was not use to scaling buildings at all, but luckily I made it to the top just fine this time. I pull myself up and Arno help me the rest of the way. I was going to say something, but he just cover my mouth with his hand again. He pointed down below and I saw that the ground was cover with guards. Arno motion for me to follow him quietly and I did. We move over the rooftops silently as he was looking around. I did as well, but I didn't know what I was really looking for. We move across the roof top some more.