Dont want mates

James's p.o.v
We walked into the house they were staying in so we could get to know them better because we barley know them so we walked in and we walked to the room they were sleeping in and we heard them talking so we decided to listen to them to see if they were planning to sneak out because we did not want that to happen it would be bad " why are you fainting so much?" I hear Zoe ask cat " I don't know " cat says " it seems you faint when you are near big alphas " Zoe says " you mean like your dad?" Cat asks her " yeah yeah but let's like not talk about that " Zoe says and I look over at Brandon " her dad is a alpha " I whisper " maybe they are lying we should go ask dad" he whispers back and I nod then we walk out of the house and we see our dad there and we wave him down to ask him and he walks over " what do you guys need?" He asks us " we had a question about the two girls or well one of the girls " I say " and what is that ?" He asks " is Zoe the daughter of the alpha in their pack?" I ask him " why yes yes I am why do you ask " I hear a voice from behind me and me and Brandon turn around " well we just wanted to know " I say " you could have just asked I'm not proud of it and I don't want to be his daughter but I am " she says " wait why are you not proud of being his daughter ?" I ask her " you see you are the son of the alpha its different for the daughters like we are meant to be seen not heard I was told that so many times as a kid and it pissed them off when I dyed my hair and started listening to loud music " she says motioning to her arms which are full of band bracelets " and that's not even all of them that's only about 20 she has over fifty she counted them once and it took forever " cat says and Zoe nods pulling her sweatshirt sleeves back down so it covers her arms " oh and how do you think I know your names I know like every alphas kids name in this region since I was like 6 years old " she says and cat nods " why tho?" I ask her and she laughs " oh well um it's kind of embarrassing but he wants me to be a mate of another alpha but I could care less if I didn't have a mate it would make life so much easier " she says and cat nods " it's the same for her dad too but he is less hard on her " she says motioning to cat by her side then they walk back into the house 'what does that mean that they don't want mates?' I wonder in my head .